News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD! Well, new to me...

Started by jkokura, March 18, 2011, 12:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

Traded a guy for this. It's '08 Squier Jagmaster (made in China), but it plays alright. I'm going to have to put some work into it, clean up the electronics some, do a good setup job on it and such, but the Body and Neck have been really taken care of. For those of you who don't know, the Jagmaster is a bit of a hybrid between the Jazzmaster and the Jaguar. 24" scale, dual humbuckers, tremolo.

I took it in trade for two guitar pedals. I'll keep it for a while and maybe trade or sell it later. I'm kinda jonesing for a MIM Tele one day. I might even try and trade it for an American Tele body and try and build up my own parts Tele. I kinda wanna Tele with a Bigsby.

This is who gets to inherit all my gear. I figure in a few years it'll all be demoed in Show-and-Tell, and then a couple years after that she'll be gigging it all.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

redbean

A tappin' toddler!.. Tune it to all perfect fourths, and soon she'll give Stanley Jordan a run for his money.  :D

es là-bas!!

gtr2

Sunburst with tortoise pickguards are always one of my favorite combos.

Nice score!

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Yeah Josh!

I kinda like the sunburst with tortoise shell, but I'd much prefer a red guitar to match my other red guitars. I have a Cherry Epi Dot, and a transluscent Red T-top larivee electric. If I do decide to find a tele, I'll be looking for a red one.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

Yeah, some day I'd like to get a red epi hollowbody of some sort.  For some reason I only really like 335 style guitars in red.  I don't usually have a preference on other guitars... :)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

night-B

How about those larivée electric guitars? I haven't tried one yet. Are they worth the price? Is it a thin or thin neck?

jkokura

I don't know about the newer ones. Mine was made in the 80s. It's a super strat with a Floyd rose. It has a replacement neck because another owner snapped the original.

However, knowing about larivee, I suspect the new electrics are top notch.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

jtn191

you guys've got good taste. If I ever get a jazzmaster it'll be a GFS of Fender Blacktop...been eying '72 thinline style teles

madbean

Well, if we're gonna show off our little ones, then...

Here's mine on her second birthday

[attachment deleted by admin]