News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush Trem!

Started by petesz, March 21, 2011, 08:31:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petesz

Made this one in the last couple days, sounds really nice, i especially like the blend control to mix between the effect and dry guitar, works really well to add a bit of background shimmer. The intensity control i dont like as much, when its full up its kinda sounds like its overloading the signal, i like it all the way down to be honest. Ive got an EA Tremolo as well so im making comparisons ;)
Anyway I built it for a friend for his 21st. He is a big fan of La Dispute who have a song called The Last Lost Continent, so i thought id tie it in ;) I planned to fit a battery in there bit i just couldnt squeeze it in without not being able to get the back on.. so i just left it out. Was also my first time using waterslide decals, so a couple are a little wonky. The colour is actually bronze with red and white splatter.
Wish I could keep it.. might have to make another!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigmufffuzzwizz

Looks awesome! And sounds like it's awesome too!! I've built an EA tremolo so i'd like to hear your comparisons.

Sadly the only comparison I have to my pedal is the tube tremolo on my Fender Musicman. Its just not  fair to compare those two.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

petesz

Thanks!
I think you could build this pedal with with the volume and intensity knobs as trimpots on the inside of the pedal, and still have a very useable tremolo. Its got a wider range of speed than my EA Trem which i like, and like I said i really dig the blend knob on it.

gtr2

I like the color!  I'm gonna build this one day..

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

madmac

Wow Love the finish looks fantastic!

jcuempire

Gorgeous finish.  Great looking innards as well

nzCdog

Quote from: gtr2 on March 22, 2011, 11:13:34 AM
I like the color!  I'm gonna build this one day..

josh
If you build it they will come... ;)  Its a very sweet sounding circuit, I love my one

petesz... really nice job man

rosettastoned

i just  finish my trem but Ive got a rpoble qith the pulse pot when i turn allthe way up it speed up  the signal (normal)  but when i turn all the way  down it speed up the signal to.., also i think it needs a bit more speed.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: rosettastoned on April 21, 2011, 09:34:16 PM
i just  finish my trem but Ive got a rpoble qith the pulse pot when i turn allthe way up it speed up  the signal (normal)  but when i turn all the way  down it speed up the signal to.., also i think it needs a bit more speed.

If you want help you should post a new thread in the "Tech Help" section. Explain your problem throughly and if you can include large, clear photos that would help also.  :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

raulduke

Great stuff man.

The finish looks great!

I'm building a double flush at the moment and am looking forward to playing with it.

The pedal building bug never ends eh!