News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krankosaurus... (finally!)

Started by nzCdog, March 22, 2011, 06:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

This has been in various stages of completeness for months, but now is finished! 

I was waiting on some parts from effectsconnection, but we had some serious earthquakes where I live in Christchurch, NZ which put everything on hold, including the mail.  We are ok, but my work collapsed and a huge part of the central city is in ruins :( Sadly the Uproar and Porkbarrel pcbs I ordered seem to have been lost too, as an added nuissance.

So this thing is pretty standard except I swapped R16 for an 18k (tried a trimpot first) and put some clipping diodes (3mm LED) after C5 (It was a while ago I think thats where I put them)  Anyway forgot to get a gut shot, before I stitched it into the pedal board... maybe when I next get time.  Anyways, it sounds pretty good! :)

night-B

madbean

Super looking build! I'll wait for the guts.

I can get you some replacement boards sent for your Uproar and PB, too :)

FuzzMonkey

Very nice work. I hope all is well for you in ChCh (Taranaki born and rised but now in Auckland).

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nzCdog

Hey thanks guys, this is a really useful pedal on my board now... stacks really well with my Germania (rangemaster clone).  Madbean I'll pm you about the pcbs... thankyou.  I'll double check how I wired it too, the clipping diodes add some nice texure to the treble that wasn't there before... :)

bigmufffuzzwizz

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

stecykmi

I like putting the indicator led's below or beside the footswitch too. i makes wiring them up way easier if you always do offboard wiring like i do. plus its acts like a target of where to step when you want it off.

nzCdog

Thanks guys for your kind comments, stecykmi now that you mention it the 'target' thing is a great idea!
This is a bit of a mess, the taped up thing is an add-on on perfboard, with the clipping LEDs and C5.  Almost perfect, but ole fussy ears ain't quite happy with the voicing of this pedal yet... but its pretty good for now.  Oh and those PCBs arrived... WOOHOO!!!! (only 4 weeks late!)  ;D