News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Barber LTD Varients

Started by Chi_Boy, March 23, 2011, 04:39:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chi_Boy

Some time ago there was some chatter about schematics, or part sub lists, for the other LTD variants that were similar to the LTD Silver, like the LTD and LTD SR.  I've been watching and looking, but haven't found any such summery.  Does that sort of list exist?

Thanks,
George

madbean

I don't really know what was changed in the many variants of the LTD. My guess is they are voiced slightly differently and different gain levels. I think Barber uses the same basic design for a number of pedals. Check out the Tone Pump project: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=1362.0

It's pretty close to the LTD. The Direct Drive is similar, too, with some added clipping choices.

mjcyates

Original LTD = Thick in the mids
Silver LTD = Less Thick in the mids, more neutral than original
LTD SR = Very neutral/transparent
LTD Current Version = Similar to original, more low end and high end, which equals slightly less mids

Chi_Boy

It seems there are a lot of possible variations based on the same platform.  With the Tone Pump and Direct Drive being so similar, one could cut, paste and tweak into a dozen or more variations. 

Would be nice to know the tweaks though.  While the are likely to be small changes, they still add up to a slightly different tone.  Doesn't really matter, I suppose.  There are so many things to try.