News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ReVibe & Demo

Started by jubal81, March 05, 2014, 07:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Every now and then, a build comes along that raises the bar for everyone. I'm pretty sure this is one of them - fantastic on every possible level.

m-Kresol

This is going to be in the top builds for the 2014 contest!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

kothoma

Wow. Most impressive. Words fail me.

muddyfox

Awwww, come on!  :o :o :o

Am I ever going to build anything that won't look like crap compared to this? The bar was already in the nosebleed section, this is becoming ridiculous...

Congrats, man! The hat's off...

Tremster

Hexjibber

Wow what an amazing build, looks and sounds pure class!

raulduke

Oh. My. Word.

That is the undisputed champion so far for 2014.

Absolutely Incredible!

juansolo

Spectacular sir, absolutely spectacular.

8)

Contender for BOTY 2014!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

rullywowr

That is absolutely stunning.  Everything about it is just awesome.  Great implementation of excellent circuits working together in harmony. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

gtr2

WOW!  Truly impressive!!!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

angrykoko

HOLY COW!!  That looks amazing!
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

mah62

This is lovely, did you do the tweed yourself?

Mark

selfdestroyer

This makes me REALLY want to finish the etched PCB I made of the FET Reverb. Adding the tremolo was the icing on the cake as it sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing you BOM with us as I want to try the same Hammond enclosure you used. It came out so pro looking. Do you get that cool slap sound on it if you tap it?

Cody

jubal81

Thanks for the kind words, everybody.
I told the guy with the home studio who helped me with the recording that I'd build him a pedal at parts cost for helping me out, so now I'm probably on the hook to build the toughest thing I've built yet for FREE. DOH. I didn't think he'd go there, especially after I told him the parts are at least $250, but he flipped out after he heard it and got a chance to play with it.
Not sure how to deal with the situation. He put in about an hour and half and I'd be on the hook for something like 20 hours.

Quote from: midwayfair on March 05, 2014, 08:21:28 PM
~4:11: "holy @#$!#" moment.

you don't have a volume external ... isn't there a volume drop in vibe mode? There was on the Cosmo, but that was a slightly different setup. (Obviously I haven't gotten around to modding my Cardinal yet ...)

I think there is a slight volume drop with the vibe in some settings, but it's somewhat negated since it's in parallel with another signal.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on March 07, 2014, 01:10:31 AM
It came out so pro looking. Do you get that cool slap sound on it if you tap it?
Cody

Oh yeah. If you give it a good kick you get a nice KeraAnnnhg. That's where the relay switching make a big difference - normal switching won't disrupt the springs.

Quote from: mah62 on March 06, 2014, 04:18:37 PM
This is lovely, did you do the tweed yourself?

Mark

Yeah, I had to buy a whole yard last year for the Bubba FET project, so I have plenty left. And, of course, I had to get the $70 enclosure with the walnut sides instead of the plan $15 version because, you know, they had to match.  8)

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

midwayfair

Quote from: jubal81 on March 07, 2014, 01:46:47 AM
I told the guy with the home studio who helped me with the recording that I'd build him a pedal at parts cost for helping me out, so now I'm probably on the hook to build the toughest thing I've built yet for FREE. DOH. I didn't think he'd go there, especially after I told him the parts are at least $250, but he flipped out after he heard it and got a chance to play with it.

Just be upfront with him. Tell him that this sort of project (or any sort of multipedal) was really not what you had in mind when you offered to build him something, and I really think he's imposing on you (and probably knows it). Explain the incredible amount of time it takes to build it and that while you value his time, the exchange simply isn't equitable. I'm sure there are many other things you could build him that sound good. :)