News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

"General Wiring Diagrams"....

Started by peAk, March 08, 2014, 08:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peAk

On this sticky thread above, all the attachments are missing. Is there a reason?

I was looking for a wiring question and hoped that it would be there. I notice on the projects page, there is a general wiring diagram PDF. This is the first time I have built a madbeans board with the LED on the PCB. It states that if the pcb contains an onboard LED just connect the "SW" pad from the PCB to the top left lug on the 3PDT.

well, where/what is the "SW" pad?  ??? If it helps, I am building the sharkfin.

RobA

I haven't built the Sharkfin yet, but looking at the schematic, the onboard LED looks like a rate indicator LED and not the standard bypass LED. From the doc, it looks like it also indicates the mode the pedal is in. It shows the wiring for the 3PDT toggle/stomp on page 6. I believe you would need to use a standard bypass indicator at the bypass switch in addition to the rate LED.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

peAk

Quote from: RobA on March 08, 2014, 08:38:59 PM
I haven't built the Sharkfin yet, but looking at the schematic, the onboard LED looks like a rate indicator LED and not the standard bypass LED. From the doc, it looks like it also indicates the mode the pedal is in. It shows the wiring for the 3PDT toggle/stomp on page 6. I believe you would need to use a standard bypass indicator at the bypass switch in addition to the rate LED.

thanks for the help. Yes, it does show the wiring for the switch but it didn't show it for the 3PDT.....but you are absolutely right about there being two LEDs.

Gosh, I feel silly

Thanks  :-[