Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yellow Shark vs. Fulldrive 2

Started by JakeFuzz, March 25, 2011, 04:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFuzz

Sorry, I am not much of a rhythm player  :(

jkokura

Dude Jake, you can rip! You're a great guitarist. Definitely the above average on pedal demo player. Mind showing us more of your pedal board?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

JeffdaMaori

Great demo, Paul! I'm wondering what mods/changes you did to the Honeybee/Yellow Shark? Cheers!

JakeFuzz

Quote from: jkokura on March 25, 2011, 05:26:01 PM
Dude Jake, you can rip! You're a great guitarist. Definitely the above average on pedal demo player. Mind showing us more of your pedal board?

Jacob

Thanks Jacob! I wish I could do some more video demos but there are like a billion little kids running around right now, something is bound to get destroyed! I am actually on vacation too so I dont have all of my stuff with me (and it is also why I have access to someone else's awesome camera) But I have some pictures of the gear I used.

2001 Fender Twin Reverb Reissue, F&T filter caps, orange drop poly caps, one Cannabis Rex speaker:

50's Classic Baja Tele Body, Warmoth boatneck, '51 Nocaster pickups, replica hardware:

and the board, very messy, constantly changing:

The signal goes:
Vox v847 > Fulltone '69 Clone with oc 140's > Fulltone '70 > Skreddy Mayo Clone > Fulltone Catalyst > Les Lius Clone > BJFe Honey Bee Clone > Fulldrive 2 > Carbon Copy

Quote from: gobstopper on March 25, 2011, 06:09:31 PM
Great demo, Paul! I'm wondering what mods/changes you did to the Honeybee/Yellow Shark? Cheers!

Thank you! I subbed BAT41's for D3 and D4. For D1 and D2 I put in a BAT41 and a 3mm yellow LED. I found the original diodes too "woofy" almost an upper octave tone following along, I also tried the ca3140 and ca3130 couldn't really tell the difference.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Totally awesome!! Those two are very similar sounding. And you totally rip it up! I keep thinking your about to play "Rosalie". Hopefully someday. hehe
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals