News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming Yellow Cobra Compressor!

Started by k.rock!, March 26, 2011, 10:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

This is going to be the MOrC project from guitarpcb.com. I haven't received the PCB yet but I just finished laying out the graphics for it and it looks so cool that I got excited and wanted to share it with you guys!  ;D

The enclosure is a 1590B in honey wheat yellow from mammoth. The graphics are just the waterslide decal kind ;)

I'm hoping to receive the PCB next Monday/Tuesday so as soon as I get that I will post the gut shot!

Thanks for looking! :)

-Kaleb

**Update 04/02/11

Here it is completed!! It was incredibly hard to get it into the 1590B...Specially cause I had some big 1uF WIMA caps in there...Sounds great!! Hope you guys like it!

-Kaleb

Here it is next to the White Rhino (Egodriver :))

Here's a gut shot I took at some point:

The finished guts :). Had a few solder mishaps here and there :( but I was so desperate to play that I just cleaned it a little bit and gave up haha...(works perfectly though! :D)

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mjcyates

stevewire

k.rock!

Thanks guys!  ;D I can't wait to play this thing!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Pretty cool!  What's the circuit based on?

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Thanks Josh! It's a Modified Ross Compressor (MoRC) project at guitarpcb.com :)
What I'm not really sure is what the switch does yet  ??? i tried asking that question in their forum with no luck...

Anywho, here's the PCB:

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1656961

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jkokura

The switch bypasses R17, adds in R17 or adds both R18 and R17. Usually the circuit utilizes just R16 to affect the release of the comp, meaning the speed at which the sustain/compression effect lasts. Neat control that's easily introduced.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

k.rock!

Cool! Thanks for clearing that up! :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

nzCdog

mattpoole

cool color scheme and drawing, i love those green knobs! you do know that cobras are not constrictors right?  :D well maybe they are in the pedal world.

k.rock!

Quote from: mattpoole on March 26, 2011, 12:44:36 PM
cool color scheme and drawing, i love those green knobs! you do know that cobras are not constrictors right?  :D well may they are in the pedal world.

lol! I did not know that!  ;D hahah that's hilarious....Well I guess they are now! in the pedal world as you say, at least :P

My girlfriend drew that cartoon for me...I think she did a great job using the mac trackpad! I really suck at drawing in computers in general...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mattpoole

wow, with a track pad? it looks great.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Cool man! I really gotta learn how to do these waterslide decals. My first attempt was very pitiful.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

k.rock!

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 26, 2011, 01:01:18 PM
Cool man! I really gotta learn how to do these waterslide decals. My first attempt was very pitiful.

;D yeah my first attempt I think I sprayed way to much of the clear coat and ended up with some little bubbles that looked like a rash :-\ hehe

It's not bad one you get the hang of it. I use the full face layout rather than cutting each labels, it's a lot easier and looks great. For this one I only sprayed 2 coats of clear on the label before applying, applied the graphics and let them dry for about an hour and then I sprayed 2 heavy coats with 1 hr in between. Give it a shot! I'm sure you'll do great :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

I mean the initial printing them out. The paper got stuck in my printer and fused to the roller..ughh I read the manual it says the paper must be able to withstand 356 degrees for 0.1 seconds. But none of the papers sold have anytype of spec sheets or anything like that. I got the right type of paper for my printer. Maybe i forgot to do the cardstock setting. Considering getting a printer that i know will work well with this, as this will make it possible for me to pump out enclosures.
I salvaged the printer this time but not sure i'll be so lucky if it happens again   :-\
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals