Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Upcoming Yellow Cobra Compressor!

Started by k.rock!, March 26, 2011, 10:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Quote from: k.rock! on March 26, 2011, 01:46:47 PM
Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 26, 2011, 01:01:18 PM
Cool man! I really gotta learn how to do these waterslide decals. My first attempt was very pitiful.

;D yeah my first attempt I think I sprayed way to much of the clear coat and ended up with some little bubbles that looked like a rash :-\ hehe

It's not bad one you get the hang of it. I use the full face layout rather than cutting each labels, it's a lot easier and looks great. For this one I only sprayed 2 coats of clear on the label before applying, applied the graphics and let them dry for about an hour and then I sprayed 2 heavy coats with 1 hr in between. Give it a shot! I'm sure you'll do great :)

-Kaleb

Gee I didn't realise that was a decal, nice job!  I have been doing lots of little decal labels and putting them on one by one, perhaps I'll try a full face layout next time :)

k.rock!

Gee I didn't realise that was a decal, nice job!  I have been doing lots of little decal labels and putting them on one by one, perhaps I'll try a full face layout next time :)

I guess it depends on the look you're going for. If your pedal only has control labels than maybe a full face label might not be necessary. But if you're planning on using a large graphic then a full face decal is definitely the way to go :)

Thanks for the compliment, I hope to rock it out next week!  ;D

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Yellow Cobra Compressor is finished!  ;D Pics are in the original post. Thanks for looking!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

mattpoole

masterlk

Nice work, wicked pedal dude! I can't wait to use those knobs in a build...

JeffdaMaori

That looks cool, great build, very tidy. I bet it sounds fab too.
And looks the part too... 8)

jtn191

Quote from: mattpoole on March 26, 2011, 12:44:36 PMyou do know that cobras are not constrictors right?

psh. the cobra's giving him a hug, silly

petesz

Thats heaps rad!
Ive got one of these pcb's im going to build when the parts arrive.. hoping its nice!
Bean should have a ross comp build..

k.rock!

thank you guys!! I really appreciate your comments  :D

Quote from: jtn191 on April 03, 2011, 01:06:19 AM
Quote from: mattpoole on March 26, 2011, 12:44:36 PMyou do know that cobras are not constrictors right?

psh. the cobra's giving him a hug, silly

bahaha! that's true  ;D

Quote from: petesz on April 03, 2011, 02:35:39 AM
Thats heaps rad!
Ive got one of these pcb's im going to build when the parts arrive.. hoping its nice!
Bean should have a ross comp build..

I agree! I know Bean usually likes to not redo projects that are already available in other sites and the Ross being in guitarpcb and tonepad I can see why he wouldn't do it (although would be fantastic). I think I've been spoiled with the perfection of Bean's boards and documentation hehe  :D

This compressor sounds very cool man. I've been playing a lot with it to get to know it's sound a bit better (it's my very first compressor, ever) so questions like, does it go before/after the overdrives? and how much sustain/level is too much? when do I wanna use each position of that 3 way switch? arise haha

Good luck with yours man!

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

petesz

I might post it in the request section and see what happens, although there are lots of other projects in the works first i think anyway. Its true, i much prefer beans boards and documentation over a lot of others!

Sounds great, hopefully parts arrive this week.. ive only ever played an orange squeezer comp so im guessing its gonna be fairly different.

bigmufffuzzwizz

or a ross comp/dist. that would be sweet!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

StompIt