News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver part subs question.

Started by hoodoo, March 25, 2014, 07:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here, about to build up a fabbed Egodriver, and i'd like to hear from those that have built one they are happy with, and what mods, if any, or different pot values were used in the build. I've read alot of the tech help and build reports on these, and they seem to vary. Some people have volume issues, some don't, why is this so? tantalum/electrolytic?
Any advice appreciated, thanks.

ddog

This is purely anecdotal so take it for what its worth. I used to have volume issues, they usually happened when I use the boost switch. I would switch on the boost and it would be relatively quiet and then after awhile it would be on full boost.

I don't really have this issue anymore (at least I don't notice it). Here is what I did to fix it:

1) Use the reccomended TL082 instead of a TL072

2) I've used the 100ka for volume and 500ka for gain

3) I've isolated the back with electric tape to prevent and short circuits

4) I don't really use the boost switch that often I prefer it in one position. However I've played around with it and I don't have any volume loss

To be honest I use this as a set and forget type of pedal. I have a tubescreamer running into it and only use it if I need some extra gain

hoodoo

Thanks for the response mate, Matt.