News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

BYOC Classic Compressor (First Build)

Started by tenwatt, March 30, 2011, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenwatt

While I was waiting for a few boards from here I received the BYOC Classic Compressor PCB.  It's not all together yet but I've got all the components in place.  This is my first build.

Not too bright....

jkokura

Cool stuff man. I saw this and kinda wanted to try it out. What interests me is the whole Metal Can IC thing. I'd like to try that. One of my biggest things about pedals though is that I have a particular way of doing layouts and things, and I don't like where BYOC puts the LED's. It doesn't match with what I do, and if it did I'd buy a kit to try out. I wish they sold just the IC's, or at least a parts kit that doesn't include a drilled enclosure. Perhaps if I asked... ah but then I'd probably have to pay more, and I can build it myself for a fraction of the price. Alls I need is that PCB.

In any case, I look forward to your finished project.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

madbean

tenwatt

Quote from: jkokura on March 30, 2011, 04:05:29 AMOne of my biggest things about pedals though is that I have a particular way of doing layouts and things, and I don't like where BYOC puts the LED's. It doesn't match with what I do, and if it did I'd buy a kit to try out.
I really don't like their enclosure layout at all.  I just ordered a seperate, blank enclosure that I'm going to try and fit it into.  With that being said, I can put the LED any where I want.  ;D
Quote from: madbean on March 30, 2011, 09:57:25 AM
Excellent soldering. Forward on!
Thanx.  I'm just using an el cheapo Radio Shack iron.  It's cool that it has a 30/15 watt switch on it but it's still pretty cheap.  I was happy with the job it did.    
Not too bright....

gtr2

Cool!  Let us know how you like it after you've got it finished.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

maysink

Soldering looks fantastic! I remember my first BYOC had burn marks all over it...
[nothing to see here]
-e

sgmezei

This looks WAY better than my first kit attempt. I agree, great soldering job and no scorches!