News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

baby screamer

Started by wgc, March 28, 2014, 10:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

one more, that's all the pix I have for now, but more coming soon

Great little pcb, the baby screamer is.  But for now, aside from some other thru hole pcbs I already have,
I'm in what I call phase 4/5 of building.  Phase 4 is building other people's smd layouts, phase 5 is doing
my own smd layouts, almost exclusively 1590a, (and mostly for me to avoid wires).  Because small.

I love the purple, but wish that there was a way to get a little more contrast without going closer to pink. 
Not that pink is bad, I just like purple better.  I'm also finding monochrome interesting, though there are
challenges to sort out and not always successful.

I decided to go switch free, and just pick the ones I liked best and hardwire with jumpers.

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

That looks great! Silver is a great contrast to the purple. I wish I would have done that in the purple plexi I did.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hylandren

Looks really great.
Was the enclosure pre-painted?
Is that a chemical etch or something else?

Govmnt_Lacky

Are you going to fill in the laser'd areas? Color perhaps  ;)

Droogie

I love everything about that! Great build!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

wgc

Thanks guys!

It's a laser etch.  So I had silver to start with, and it didn't look right.  I could have made that work if I inverted the image but it looked off.  So I back filled it with black acrylic, and I like it better.

Color could be interesting but sometimes color on purple can look a bit garish if you're not careful.  Could be appropriate all the same!

Been awhile since I had a tube screamer, still charming as ever!
e.e. cummings

Soup39

Why not try haveyouseenhim's idea and use a crayon to fill in the etch?

wgc

Yeah, I've done that kind of thing a while back, sometimes it can smear if it gets hot.

Hyland- it's powder coat I applied to a bare box.

Thanks for looking!
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Nice layout, Billy.  I like the artwork as well.

Have you tried doing a second or third pass with the laser?  That might help get more paint off the box.  I also clean mine with flux remover, which works great as long as the box has been powder coated.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Stomptown

Very nice and quite tidy for a 1590A build! The purple knobs look sweet with the powder coat you chose...

nzCdog

Nice build man, very tidy

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

Quote from: pickdropper on March 29, 2014, 06:14:02 AM

Have you tried doing a second or third pass with the laser?  That might help get more paint off the box.  I also clean mine with flux remover, which works great as long as the box has been powder coated.

Thanks Dave!  Not my layout though, I think this is stomp towns

I do 3 passes, went to bare metal, didn't like it as much as the black. A white or yellow could work I think.  (I've been interested in tone on tone lately, so that might be part of it.)
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

Quote from: wgc on April 04, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

Yeah, that was a proto PCB I did last year. Decided to pair it down a bit considering the PITA it would be to fit 3 pots and 3 spdt's in a 1590A.  ;D

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on April 04, 2014, 08:46:48 PM
Quote from: wgc on April 04, 2014, 06:08:50 PM

Yeah, that was a proto PCB I did last year. Decided to pair it down a bit considering the PITA it would be to fit 3 pots and 3 spdt's in a 1590A.  ;D

It can be done.  :-)

And yes, it was a PITA.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper