News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A pair of hairy prehistoric elephants...

Started by sprayfe, March 31, 2011, 11:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

Before my wife found out we were preggers we were rockin the band every weekend and most weeknights. I was working the arlington guitar show and she came to visit me and was scoping out new bass gear. She disappeared for a while and resurfaced with a tiny box and asked why I had never enlightened her as to the world of bass fuzz. Let's just say that even though she got the cute girl discount-
She still paid a pretty penny. A few months into the pregnancy she sold her prize to pay off some bills- very selfless of her. I remembered this the other night and etched these while she and the kid were snoozing. One is for her- the other for the kiddo (that I'll put on my board till he knows better) (my lane attempt at being selfless.)
Stay tuned for the girliest, tackiest box you've ever seen!

Btw- this circuit is just sick- i didn't have a bass in the garage to test it through- but ended up playing riffs i didn't know were in me for half an hour while testing. Thanks my bean bro.  You make sleepless nights
Far more productive than just sleeping!

k.rock!

Dude that is a very cool story! I know you'll be scoring some major points with this one!  :D

BTW. I think it's pretty awesome your wife is a bass player!!

Great job on the builds man :)

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

irmcdermott

Quote from: sprayfe on April 01, 2011, 08:12:20 AM
Thanks Kaleb- she's come a long way since these days-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMnj2b-Anks&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hey man,

Great stuff. Really like the tune. I'm a bass player and I admit that there is something awesome about girl bass players. One of my favorites right now (as far as style and skill) is Michele Stodart from The Magic Numbers. She's so freaking good.

Ian

k.rock!

Great stuff Rafe!! Loved your style...

I'm with Ian  :D I always find myself drawn to female bass players, I think they are so cool! Like Emma Richardson from the Band of Skulls  :o

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

I'm digging your music.  Nice builds too!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer