News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk Chunk with mods

Started by WAXOU, April 12, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAXOU

Hi,

I've made a couple of pedals during the lasts months, but this is the first one I'm happy enough with to post a build report.
This is a Chunk Chunk with the bass mod and dual gain/volume.
I wanted a Mesa rectifier style enclosure, so I made one... But now I have to figure out how to make some room on the pedalboard, because it's kind of huge :)
It's not perfect but regarding my "DoIyYourself skills", I'm quite happy :)

To do is to be -- Descartes / To be is to do -- Sartre / Doo, bee, doo, bee, doo -- Sinatra

jimilee

How does it sound? I played a bass through one and I couldn't make it sound good. I love the enclosure.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

sonarchotic

That is f'king rad! Great job!

selfdestroyer

Awesome enclosure. Love the textured faceplate.

Cody

Leevibe

That looks so tough. Nice work!

WAXOU

Thanks y'all.

I finish it last night at 2 AM so and as a good neighbour I didn't rock it too loud.
But I tested it this afternoon, and it sounds quite good.
It's got a lot of gain (that remind me that I have to build a Decimator... Damned this pedal things are endless :)), and the Eq section is pretty wide.
I have to play with it a little longer to figure the sound I want, but for now I'm definitely keeping it on the pedalboard.
To do is to be -- Descartes / To be is to do -- Sartre / Doo, bee, doo, bee, doo -- Sinatra

nzCdog

Oh yeah!  Looks the business!  Nice job 8)