News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Reintroducing myself

Started by lego4040, February 25, 2024, 03:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lego4040

It's been a long time since I've even looked at a pedal let alone build one. I've moved cross NYS to just outside of Buffalo a few years ago, I got to build a real lab of sorts in my finished basement where I pretty much hoped I'd get back into this hobby. I mainly built tube amps for guitar and home stereo amps but that industry took a hit with transformers and I stopped new projects. Power transformers are t a problem, it's the output transformers that got real expensive and very few choices in the states outside of Hammond and Edcor. I did pull all my pedal builds out and started playing again, fixed quite a few broken ones too. I may sell off a few redundant ones to help pay for new pedals. My best fix was an old Aion Effects OD-855, it was a first run with error on board(easy fix). OMG the OD 855 is a incredibly powerful pedal, bye bye TS 808
Anyway I'm glad this sites still around so I can redive back in
PS-Are there any sources still for a Darkside?

Chinaski

Welcome back!

Not sure about the Darkside pcb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessenator

Welcome back!

It's definitely nice to get back into things after a long break. Clear one's head, get back for the right reasons, etc etc

I'm working on a G2 board, but it's in a very nonstandard enclosure (1590B3) and is meant for jubal81's Ge diode sub solution exclusively... Sending off for a verification board run this week.

I'd wager Haberdasher would be the best source for an OG Darkside board design/etch. Not sure what he's got on hand or making these days outside of the OP in his dedicated thread. Maybe shoot him a PM

lego4040

Haberdasher has made me boards before, I tried sending an email from an old transaction but email was no good anymore. I'll go to his profile and try again. Man did I forget a lot but thankfully when I first started out I created binders of printout instructions and information

madbean

Welcome back!

Maybe check over at Kevin's site (AionFX). He's got some Cornish projects, but I don't know if the G2 is one of them. The other ones are worth exploring, too.

gordo

Whoa! Nice to see you back in these parts.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

GPCB has a G2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

playpunk

Quote from: lego4040 on February 25, 2024, 03:54:31 PM
It's been a long time since I've even looked at a pedal let alone build one. I've moved cross NYS to just outside of Buffalo a few years ago, I got to build a real lab of sorts in my finished basement where I pretty much hoped I'd get back into this hobby. I mainly built tube amps for guitar and home stereo amps but that industry took a hit with transformers and I stopped new projects. Power transformers are t a problem, it's the output transformers that got real expensive and very few choices in the states outside of Hammond and Edcor. I did pull all my pedal builds out and started playing again, fixed quite a few broken ones too. I may sell off a few redundant ones to help pay for new pedals. My best fix was an old Aion Effects OD-855, it was a first run with error on board(easy fix). OMG the OD 855 is a incredibly powerful pedal, bye bye TS 808
Anyway I'm glad this sites still around so I can redive back in
PS-Are there any sources still for a Darkside?

Woah, another WNY dude! I live in northern Chautauqua county, and go to Buffalo frequently for work. If you ever need any parts let me know!
"my legend grows" - playpunk