News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Darth Vader's light sabre booster

Started by JeffdaMaori, April 04, 2011, 04:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k.rock!

Hahaha! Wow!! This is ridiculously awesome! haha  :D Great job man! Very original

Quote from: nzCdog on April 04, 2011, 05:04:18 PM
I wonder will having them on different power source mean you could get away with those noisy multi color flashing LEDs

Actually you can easily use these in pedals by adding an electrolytic capacitor in parallel reversed to the LEDs polarity. I can't remember the value I used on a pedal I made with this but the larger the cap (value) more noise it filters until it's actually inaudible.  Here's the LEDs I bought:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1878/ele-360/5mm_Full_Spectrum_Slow_Color_Changing_LED.html

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

JeffdaMaori

Quote from: pauloman80 on April 05, 2011, 04:22:47 AM
Forget Charlie Sheen.  This pedal is WINNING.  That's just amazing, and I want to make one.
Cheers for comments, yes this is more on drugs and more ridiculous than Sheen... and a better laugh too I reckon'.... less annoying and you can store it away when you've seen enough of it for a while... stompboxes rule...

Quote from: crash on April 05, 2011, 04:43:16 AM
Love the pedal!  The only thing is, Vaders light saber wasn't blue, it was red.  :P

So true, and admittedly I wasn't thinking of Star Wars when I made it, I just thought it's a somewhat good title for this thread..

... next thing I'm aiming for will be some pedal with a real working flux capacitor in there, now which colour was that again and what was the power requirement?!? 1.3 jiggawatt I remember or so...?
Back to the good old days.... 8)

Cheers
Andy

bigmufffuzzwizz

Those color changing LED's are soo cool! I had no idea those existed.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

Quote from: k.rock! on April 05, 2011, 11:39:40 AM
Hahaha! Wow!! This is ridiculously awesome! haha  :D Great job man! Very original

Quote from: nzCdog on April 04, 2011, 05:04:18 PM
I wonder will having them on different power source mean you could get away with those noisy multi color flashing LEDs

Actually you can easily use these in pedals by adding an electrolytic capacitor in parallel reversed to the LEDs polarity. I can't remember the value I used on a pedal I made with this but the larger the cap (value) more noise it filters until it's actually inaudible.  Here's the LEDs I bought:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1878/ele-360/5mm_Full_Spectrum_Slow_Color_Changing_LED.html

-Kaleb
Awesome... thx :)

Haberdasher

This is hilarious.  I bet it was a blast just drilling all the holes for that enclosure, haha.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Nuno_VanBamsteen

Nice build, i wanted to do one similar to this, but it just seemed too silly to devote the time to, but you've caused me to amend that idea.

BTW,
Just because I know this doesn't make me less of a man, does it?
It was from the Ting-Tings video, "That's not my name", the song you love to hate.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4YMli-Esw
@ the 0:27 mark.

NVBS
"Would I throw a lighted match and turn the gas on if my pal 'Bugsy' was in there?"

StompIt