News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag/DMM

Started by timbo_93631, May 19, 2014, 01:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

Thanks to Haberdasher I was able to build this Dirtbag as he had a PCB he was willing to part with.  It is for a sideman in NYC, he wanted the control layout and spacing the same as a big box DMM, and did the graphics layout himself.  Enclosure is from PPP and features their printing.  These MN3005's are another set of good ones from funkward tech on ebay.  I used the new 3PDTRR board from Madbean to run the DBD at 15v using a LT1054 that Jon (midwayfair) was nice to send out quickly when I realized I only had ICL7660's in the parts drawers.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/timbo_93631/dmm[/soundcloud]
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

rullywowr

Very sexy.  The orange is a great color and it's very well thought out and put together. 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

Dang me likely  :)

All your builds are great Timbo

selfdestroyer

Damn Tim, that looks perfect. The control layout and font used on the labeling is perfect. It helps when the customer has a good eye for layout/graphics and your not stuck putting your name on something you don't care for.

What enclosure size is that? Looks like a great size for a fuzz madness pedal I am working on.

Great job Tim and glad it all came together in the end. I am sure you have a happy customer from this.

Cody

steveperiod

love those synth knobs and the 70s-ish electronic font. adjustable slam switch sounds sweet too. great job.

pickdropper

That's a great looking build.  I like the large scale exterior and how it all ties together with the knobs.

And that wiring.  Man.....
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

LaceSensor

i hope you reached a fair price for that beaut

m-Kresol

That is one fine pedal you built there. Chapeau.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Haberdasher

wow the more i look at that thing, the more awesome it gets
kudos timbo!
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

Vallhagen

Luv orange. Looks really classy in-n-out! Now i shall listen.

Cheers
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

timbo_93631

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 19, 2014, 04:24:03 PM
Damn Tim, that looks perfect. The control layout and font used on the labeling is perfect. It helps when the customer has a good eye for layout/graphics and your not stuck putting your name on something you don't care for.

What enclosure size is that? Looks like a great size for a fuzz madness pedal I am working on.

Great job Tim and glad it all came together in the end. I am sure you have a happy customer from this.

Cody
The guy whipped up the graphics layout in about an hour after I gave him just a few of the internal layout constraints.  Pretty impressive.  A big thing for him was to keep the control spacing on the same centers as a big box DMM.  He has some simultaneous control knob manipulation tricks that he wanted to be able to do on this pedal the same as his DMM.  The box is a 1590DD, but in the not so common portrait orientation!  A big aswesome pedal which is headed out on a world tour in about 2 weeks.  It is humbling, and really, thanks to all who helped pull this together.
Quote from: LaceSensor on May 19, 2014, 05:38:40 PM
i hope you reached a fair price for that beaut
Very fair for he and I.
Quote from: steveperiod on May 19, 2014, 05:03:58 PM
love those synth knobs and the 70s-ish electronic font. adjustable slam switch sounds sweet too. great job.
Dedicated slam control works pretty well with the ABDLX, multiplex, ZPDD, but this one was a little trickier as I had to really get the gain trimmers dialed in just right so there was self oscillation in an appropriate range for the slam control and feedback control.

Thanks guys!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jtn191

That demo sounds amazing! congrats on a sweet build!

juansolo

Flawless victory!  8)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke