News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ah... NAD!

Started by Vallhagen, May 25, 2014, 12:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vallhagen

I have spent a few months lookin for "my new main/big guitar amp". I did a fair bit of research and trying stuff, and i had really decided to buy Suhr Badger 35, a fantastic amp to my ears and fingers. But, after waiting a month for a quotation (i wanted a custom color) from Suhr and their swedish dealer (tgt11.com, nice guy(s) for sure), this little baby showed up at "Blocket" (swedish second-hand-buy-sell-trade-site) this wednesday.

Mint condition, two years old, and a decent price (a lil cheaper than a new Badger). Now its mine:).

Only tried at living-room volume with a 1*12" speaker so far, but damm, this is the most versatile and wellsounding thing i have ever played. From the cleanest of clean to Mesa/Soldano metal via jmp Marshalls... it just have it all. Absolutely fantastic.

Cheerio!

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

Leevibe

Congratulations Bengt! Looks like lots of tones to be had on that baby. What guitar will you push it with?

Vallhagen

Thanx Lee.

I play mostly on my Xaviere lp with a fairly high-gainish Dimarzio bridge mic.

Cheers

jkokura

I've always been impressed by the Custom Audio stuff. Nice amp dude.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Leevibe

Quote from: Vallhagen on May 25, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
Thanx Lee.

Cheers

I've been intrigued by the Xavieres. How was it out of the box? Did it take much set up work or was it pretty playable? How about fit and finish? Just curious. I love low cost but cool guitars.

Vallhagen

Quote from: Leevibe on May 25, 2014, 10:09:44 PM
Quote from: Vallhagen on May 25, 2014, 12:56:34 PM
Thanx Lee.

Cheers

I've been intrigued by the Xavieres. How was it out of the box? Did it take much set up work or was it pretty playable? How about fit and finish? Just curious. I love low cost but cool guitars.

Hey, thanx for asking. I am completely in love with this guitar, it really feels like a thing that you normally should pay 4 times the price. My model is XV750 if i remember right, a model that they dont sell no more, a fairly light lp. I can come back with pics if you like.

It was playable on arrival, but sort of "factory roughly adjusted", so it needed intonation and fine adjustment to be perfect. Then finnish was/is impressingly nice. I have no problems with mechanics. Microphones are ok, but i replaced the bridge mic.

The guy(s) at Guitarfetish gives great customer service.

I highly recommend a Xaviere:). I have almost decided to order one more ( astrat this time) pretty soon as a gift to one of the kids; instead of buying a cheap "beginners guitar" he'll get a guitar for a lifetime for the same price.

Cheers

selfdestroyer

I have owned a Xaviere jazzmaster (XV-JT Series Offset) and the only issue I had with it was the neck was really soft and flexed very easy. This was about 5 years ago so that might not be the case now. Just my experience.

Cody

Vallhagen

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 26, 2014, 07:04:09 PM
I have owned a Xaviere jazzmaster (XV-JT Series Offset) and the only issue I had with it was the neck was really soft and flexed very easy. This was about 5 years ago so that might not be the case now. Just my experience.

Cody

Good to read about personal experience. My Xaviere is from 2007 if i remember right.

Cheers

GermanCdn

Very nice.  Assuming the PT means Pete Thorn?

As far as the Xavieres go, I had a few of them years back.  I found that the maple boards were nicer than the rosewood boards, pickups were good (in the vintage flavour), trems were nice, always replaced the tuners on them but that was a preference thing.  Very nice quality of the finish, though I found their attempts to recreate "classic" guitar colours often missed the mark a bit (their butterscotch was a bit too dark, and the sea foam green was off by a couple of shades).  Solid modding platforms for sure, and GVFM.  And yes, customer service is great.  I had a DOA Lil cruncher from them once, they had the replacement to me within the week, no questions asked.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jtn191

Congrats on the sweet amp! I sold my xavierre jazzmaster...it looked sexy but I found that I played/strung it less than my MIM strat and Epi semi hollow.

Vallhagen

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 26, 2014, 08:33:54 PM
Very nice.  Assuming the PT means Pete Thorn?

Yes, it is his signature Amp. the latest version of "PT-50/100" wears the Suhr sign, not CAA, so it looks a little different from mine.

Looks like - so far - it really is only me that "loves" my Xaviere... good to read other folks opinions of course:)

Cheers