News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Stripe Fuzz

Started by jkokura, April 13, 2011, 04:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

This is actually a Muff Fuzz, and the layout will be available for public consumption very soon! I'll be posting the build docs over in that area very soon, and you'll be able to build this for yourself if you'd like! This is another customer build, and i did a quick video as well, so as soon as that's done I'll add in the Youtube link. More of an overdrive sound, but I can still hear the Muff in there. It's a really, really easy Fuzz with very low parts count, so you really should build it if you can.

And the Guts.

Enjoy!

Jacob

(Oh yeah... 1000 posts...)
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

You've been knocking these builds out!
Is it one of these? http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/eh/mufffuzz
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

nzCdog

jkokura

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 13, 2011, 07:20:25 PM
You've been knocking these builds out!
Is it one of these? http://www.effectsdatabase.com/model/eh/mufffuzz

Similar. This one has a bias trimmer, and a fuzz knob which functions like a pregain unit. My client specified the schem, and I built it for him. It's cool because with the fuzz knob you can really get all sorts of sounds from an OD boost kind of thing to some pretty heavy fuzz sounds. Not really a splatty super gain thing but...

The video will show you.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

gtr2

This is a really aesthetically pleasing to the eye!  Well balanced look.

Cool!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Awesome!! This one looks fantastic man. Great job!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: jkokura on April 14, 2011, 09:19:45 AM
Similar. This one has a bias trimmer, and a fuzz knob which functions like a pregain unit. My client specified the schem, and I built it for him. It's cool because with the fuzz knob you can really get all sorts of sounds from an OD boost kind of thing to some pretty heavy fuzz sounds. Not really a splatty super gain thing but...

The video will show you.

Jacob

Yea I saw those extra goodies. Your build reminded me to finish my vero build that I had started(the link I posted). A fuzz knob would be really nice and I was wondering how I would add that in last night. My unit is noisy(not boxed up) and the fuzz seems to decay after maybe 5-10 seconds. I was thinking the one I built might not be properly biased. I've seen other layouts and I'll probably build another as it was so simple.
It does sound good though and pretty raw. Kinda like a small muff.  ;D

Congrats on the 1000 posts!!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

JMK PCBs *New Website*

redbean

Quote from: jkokura on April 14, 2011, 10:55:25 PM
Got a video up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN_J5iZlrMY

Jacob

Great job! The breakup is subtle, and it sounds rather clean for a fuzz pedal. It looks purple in the video, and the LED looks purple/violet.
es là-bas!!