News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Deep Blue Delay (pickdropper pcb)

Started by wgc, May 31, 2014, 05:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

Hi all

me again...  Another pickdropper smd pcb, this is a deep blue delay.  This one has been finished for a while but had trouble capturing the graphics in pictures.

Another great layout by Dave, pretty easy build also, though a bad op amp gave me some trouble. 

I think I'm finally through all the tayda smd op amps so hopefully that's the end of those woes.  (not bad product, I think its packaging that is not great for esd).  If I have any left, I'll probably just toss them.

Incidentally, I actually built two of these, one for a friend, and that one fired up straight away.

Powder coat by me, dormant blue with clear coat.  Laser etched graphics, without going to bare metal.  Playing with tone on tone, and I thought it worked out well on this one.

Thanks for looking, and thanks Dave!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

micromegas

Quote from: wgc on May 31, 2014, 05:04:09 PM
Playing with tone on tone, and I thought it worked out well on this one.

It works awesome! Very neat inside and out.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

wgc

e.e. cummings

flanagan0718

Too notch man! This looks fantastic. If there was a 1590a build off I think you and pickdropper would be head to head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickdropper

This is a cool one too, Billy.

I like the 2-tone blue etching.  I've had it happen unintentionally when the base color simply wouldn't etch away from the enclosure.  I've never tried doing it intentionally.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

Wow that is high praise, thanks very much!! 

So I've been building a little less than 2 years now I think, and Dave's work has been super inspiring on so many levels; my vote is still on his stuff!  I'm really fortunate to have access to some nice tools like powder coating, and a laser.

There's so many others here that build great stuff which has been really inspiring too, midway fair, juansolo, jubal, the bean himself, chuckbuick, jok3rx, the list goes on.  I mean, just look at the last contest... Really talented people here!

I'm posting my work in the hope that others can see and relate to the things I screw up, learn from it and make their own work better as a result. Hopefully there's also some stuff I did right to help people learn from too. :).

Also, I do a few things that may or may not be appealing to others.  I build them to relax at the end of the day, and these are only for me.  Over the last year or so I've gained enough knowledge and confidence to build them with less compromise to what I really want.  This means less wires, more smd, less thru hole, no pcb etch, fewer knobs, fewer switches, etc.  Still lots to learn!

I really love the 1590a form factor.  That said, I've been thinking of some new form factor ideas which I'm going to try over the summer and will post one way or another.
e.e. cummings

wgc

Quote from: pickdropper on June 01, 2014, 01:12:34 PM
This is a cool one too, Billy.

I like the 2-tone blue etching.  I've had it happen unintentionally when the base color simply wouldn't etch away from the enclosure.  I've never tried doing it intentionally.

Thanks Dave!  This was probably my favorite build of your boards so far,  still have the screwdriver to do- I'm out of 9mm pots. :(

But overall this is a great delay!
e.e. cummings