News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider: Footswitching the octaves

Started by willyboy, May 31, 2014, 12:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willyboy

Hi People
I have the project of building a Lowrider, and i would like to add a little mod on it : putting the upper octave on one footswitch, and both the lower octaves on another one.

I already have a few ideas on how i could make it, but my main concern is wich one of these ideas would be the least likely to generate big POPs while switching. I also have to consider that i'm working with an already made PCB, so i have to find a way to put any additional wire on it. Here are my ideas:

Alternative A: The simplest way would be to put a direct switch on the wires going to the mixing op-amp. However, i would have to use an X-acto to cut some of the traces and risk to damage the PCB, and there is also nowhere i could add wires, so this alternative is pretty much out.

Alternative B: I put my switches at the output of each of the potentiometer. All i would have to do is to add a wire on pin 2 of each pots, solder R46, R49, R55 on the footswitches, and put wires in the holes where those R were supposed to be on the PCB. Seems pretty much doable.

Alternative C: Probably the simplest one to do. I would use the switch to put the signal comming from the potentiometer to ground (or to VR in this case). All i would have to do is to solder wires on the pins 1 and 2 of each pots without messing with any component on the PCB.

Since my main concern is that i don't want any POP while switching, which one of B or C would you suggest me (assuming that i completely discard A)?
I haven't failed, i've only found 10,000 ways that won't work
-Thomas Edison-

Vallhagen

Alternative C seems all good to me. Go with that:)

...interesting mod. Good luck!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

playpunk

There is also a mod on tagboard for the micro-pog dual control setup.
"my legend grows" - playpunk