News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ross/Britannia/Chasm

Started by Droogie, June 04, 2014, 05:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droogie

First up is a Pickdropper 4 Knob Ross with a Schoon Toon blend board. I forgot to include the ST pot when I planned the layout, but managed to cram a 9mm guy in there (just barely). It's nice to have a classic comp around to go with the five or six others I've built (so far :) ). Still need to add labels...

Next is Josh's Britannia, courtesy of the PIF that keeps on giving. Really nice clean sound from this one. Seems like this one has more headroom than the Voxy Brown, which I have used mostly for the gainier settings. Really nice board to work on!

And finally, the Chasm Reverb by Dead Astronaut over on DIYSB (board by Haberdasher). This has an oscillation switch if you ever need to drone on for a while—and tails! Not sure how much I'll use those features, but it's a nice sounding circuit, and I've never met a reverb I didn't want to build. The off-board wiring was a bit of a PITA, but it was still a nice challenge.

And now I'm out of white enclosures...
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

midwayfair

Nice work! Your chasm is a lot cleaner on the inside than Rob's was :)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on June 04, 2014, 07:54:43 PM
Nice work! Your chasm is a lot cleaner on the inside than Rob's was :)

I agree. I built one from Robs layout and I was so unhappy with the wires it never seen the light of day. You did a fantastic job on it. That 4 knob looks great also. Super clean all around.

Cody

Droogie

Thanks for the kind words! I look at it and only see what I could have done better! Kudos to Rob for such a cool circuit. I may wait to see if he makes boards for the Abductor delay, though. :)

alanp

Nice work on the chasm... I chickened out and did my own layout ;)

Rob now has fabbed boards for it on diysb. -- not from me
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Droogie

Quote from: alanp on June 05, 2014, 05:15:29 AM
Nice work on the chasm... I chickened out and did my own layout ;)

Rob now has fabbed boards for it on diysb. -- not from me

I saw that after I had already started this build, and ended up waiting for the Belton group buy anyway. I could have saved myself some effort if I was just a bit more patient! We've gotten so spoiled by having access to such great fabbed boards—yours included!

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pickdropper

Nice job with all of those.  I'm impressed you managed to fit all of the bits in a 1590b on the 4-knob compressor build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Droogie

Quote from: pickdropper on June 05, 2014, 12:51:17 PM
Nice job with all of those.  I'm impressed you managed to fit all of the bits in a 1590b on the 4-knob compressor build.

It's a 125B. Still pretty tight!