News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Uproar with facemelter mod

Started by night-B, April 16, 2011, 02:24:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

night-B

I just finished my uproar using the facemelter mod. This is my firs succesfull use of waterslide decals   :)
I called it the snake bite.
Everything worked when I wired it up.
Even if it's not my favorite distortion to day (I love the kokbox) it's pretty impressive, huge presence, really cool variations with the clipping options. I built the facemelter mod just for fun and it really kicks ass! Huuuuuuuge wall of fuzz but I think it's hard to use it on a gig.
Sorry for the poor pics

[attachment deleted by admin]

Rocktifier

nzCdog

Nice Job! And cool name, 'Snakebite' ;D
Did you melt your face? Worthwhile mod?
Hey what IC chips did you end up using? I'm waiting on some parts to arrive before I start my uproar, havin trouble finding the recommended chips at a store that wont charge the earth for shipping them to me.  I was going to try TL072s first anyway coz I have those lying around and liked them in my crunchbox

night-B

I found the stock 4580d for cheap on eBay :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300535574037
The facemelter is awesome! Huge sound, sustain for days... But you have a jump in volume when engaged.
If you don't need a mid-range booster I recommend to try this mod.
Good luck on your build  ;)

Ang3lus

did you do any mods/replace any values ?

night-B

Everything's like in the BOM, no replacement, and only the facemelter mod. I haven't tried another IC but for me the 4580d is fine. I have played with it all the afternoon and it's a very good distortion. It sounds good with the macheen too ;D

nzCdog

Quote from: night-butterfly on April 16, 2011, 01:54:25 PM
I found the stock 4580d for cheap on eBay :
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300535574037
The facemelter is awesome! Huge sound, sustain for days... But you have a jump in volume when engaged.
If you don't need a mid-range booster I recommend to try this mod.
Good luck on your build  ;)

Ah ebay... feel like a dunce, never thought of looking there... thanks :)

gtr2

Looking good.  Nice job on the waterslide.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer