News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Simple Sunking

Started by gtr2, April 16, 2011, 05:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtr2

Just a simple sunking for my gig board.  Nothing fancy because I had to get it up and running fast for tomorrow!

Josh

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

JakeFuzz

I like the simple ones the best. Looks nice and clean. Where on earth did you get that white DC jack? Must have  :o

jtn191

I'm building one of these now...

Where did you get your IC3 ( ICL7660SCP)?
What diodes are ya using/what do you think of em?

k.rock!

This looks awesome man! Congrats!

Paul, the white DC jacks are available at guitarpcb.com

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2147602

Apparently sold out at the moment...:(

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

Thanks.  I got the 7600SCPA at futurlec.  The white power jack from guitar pcb like Kaleb said.  ;) I've been using them very sparingly.

I used what futurlec gave me as a work alike for 1n34's.  They sounded good to me  :)  I tried a few other types but these ended up going in the build.  I just picked and stuck with it.  I've got a few other pedals with diode selector switches and they end up never getting flipped anyways...  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jtn191

I dig the sparkle enclosure and purple/pink led

my bad, I meant the 7660SCPA, which I can't even find on Futurlec  ???

bigmufffuzzwizz

You say its simple so nonchalantly!!  ;) I still have to get my first one together.

Quote from: gtr2 on April 16, 2011, 07:54:47 PM
I used what futurlec gave me as a work alike for 1n34's.  They sounded good to me  :)  I tried a few other types but these ended up going in the build.  I just picked and stuck with it.  I've got a few other pedals with diode selector switches and they end up never getting flipped anyways...  :D

There was a discussion over at BYOC about these and I believe they are 1n60P. They match the 1n60P's I bought from futurlec so I'm guessing those must be it. Plus it was mentioned that their datasheets are ALMOST identical. I think they sound good!
+1 for the pink LED(at least it looks pink). With a finish/great sound pedal like that you don't need anything else.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Quote from: k.rock! on April 16, 2011, 07:39:19 PM
This looks awesome man! Congrats!

Paul, the white DC jacks are available at guitarpcb.com

http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2147602

Apparently sold out at the moment...:(

-Kaleb

Thanks, definitely bookmarking that page and getting an order in on the next batch, those look too cool.

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on April 16, 2011, 08:55:51 PM
You say its simple so nonchalantly!!  ;) I still have to get my first one together.

Quote from: gtr2 on April 16, 2011, 07:54:47 PM

There was a discussion over at BYOC about these and I believe they are 1n60P. They match the 1n60P's I bought from futurlec so I'm guessing those must be it. Plus it was mentioned that their datasheets are ALMOST identical. I think they sound good!
+1 for the pink LED(at least it looks pink). With a finish/great sound pedal like that you don't need anything else.

I bought a batch of supposed germanium 1n34a's and 1n60's from ebay and they all came as DO35 Schottky Barrier diodes labelled as 1n60p and 1n60 with Vf 0.21V and 0.18V respectively. I'm pissed and let the store owner know, he is sending me "real" germanium point contact diodes now, we'll see about that. Definitely buy from a reputable source.

bigmufffuzzwizz

yea the ones I recieve read about .32 voltage drop which is pretty close to the .4 that germaniums should read. I think they send different items depending on how many you order. For the .1 uf box film caps I order about 50 and they sent me the blue one(epcos I believe). For the .01 uf box film caps they sent wima's but half were the right value and the other half were .1 wimas. I'm thinking they might give work-alikes if you order bulk...idk
I wish I worked in their factory.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals