News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

little angel (etched birthday edition)

Started by wgc, June 19, 2014, 09:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

This is a little angel chorus, bday edition, etched, from about a year ago.  Probably my fourth 1590a build I think.

Still hadn't figured out about the low pro caps, there's a greenie in there (bought a bunch of them), but cool to look back on where I was at the time. 

I had a list of builds I wanted to do with the goal of making them all in 1590a.  (I find this form factor really appealing for a few reasons.)

Anyway, at the time, I was much less interested in the inner details as much as wanting to do the next one as soon as I finished the current one.

This one was powdercoated white by me, graphics laser etched.  Not an angel, but close enough since my little girls are really interested in fairies.

Thanks for looking!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

Nice build, Billy.  Great art work and I dig your circle of electro's.  It's like your sending some kind of signal to UFO's :)

wgc

Thanks Mark!  This is early stuff, where I was still optimistic I'd get a ride home.  Guess I'm farther away than I calculated :)

Interesting to look at things then compared to how I like to do them now.
e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

I think you can increase your chances of hitching a ride by heading to the deserts out west.  Coincidentally, I saw a strange bright light in the sky last night.  I pretty much decided it was just a plane with it's high-beams on.  But it was something I could not identify, so it does make it a UFO.  At least to me.

flanagan0718

Classy looking build man! Love the graphics and colors. Did you do the layout or was it online somewhere?

I've done a couple of successful "Zombie" (mine is called the "Ampersand") builds. I say successful because there was no ticking. How are these? any ticking?

wgc

I was out west for a few years already, still sending SOS though

Mike, I think the layout is from DIY, also linked here somewhere recently.

I haven't had an issue with ticking but depth is pretty much close to max to do anything.  Fun build, make sure you read up on the mod for 2399 lockup fix.
e.e. cummings

flanagan0718

Quote from: wgc on June 20, 2014, 02:48:43 PM
I was out west for a few years already, still sending SOS though

Mike, I think the layout is from DIY, also linked here somewhere recently.

I haven't had an issue with ticking but depth is pretty much close to max to do anything.  Fun build, make sure you read up on the mod for 2399 lockup fix.
I did read a bit about it on [v]ark's page before. I went with the zombie before because it had the depth I was looking for. Might try this for the hell of it though. I do remember people have issues with the 2399 locking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wgc

Yeah, I was thinking about doing a zombie also, though I tend to like chorus a bit on the subtle side anyway

The lockup fix is joining two of the pins together, maybe to ground, I forget the exact details but the most recent layouts should have it incorporated already
e.e. cummings