News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag - General Question

Started by madbean, June 28, 2014, 08:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atreidesheir

4 bbd.
Just the rush from the dirtbag customers would send prices up further.  and I am stressed by any part that is being counterfeited.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

madbean

It took a couple of days, but I am pretty happy with the layout. I'm doing the final checking over before submitting it to OSH Park. I'll be experimenting with mixing MN3005 and MN3008 on this.

timbo_93631

Wow.  Awesome.  I have 3xMN3005, and 3xMN3008 hanging around in the parts stock right now and all of them just jumped for joy!  If you need a second verifier...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pickdropper

I would totally volunteer to beta this one as well.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Muadzin

*pants have just been creamed*

Do I see this correctly that you can basically use various combinations of 3005's and 3008's?

Kinki fuzz

I was going to use v3205s, but everybody agrees that BL3208s sound better than the coolaudio stuff, so the 4 chip way seems appealing for those taking the "cheap way" too. Or use 4 v3205 for double the delay...

I hate to wait longer, it's true, but I guess I can build something else in the meantime :). I hope the result will be worth the wait!..

LaceSensor

I have 4 x MN3005 and 4 x MN3008 if you need testers also

Chi_Boy

Quote from: LaceSensor on June 29, 2014, 01:44:52 AM
I vote for the 4 x chip version, sir.

+1

Seems like a longer term solution. 

m-Kresol

Spoiler: noob question alarm!
I haven't build any pedals using MN3005 nor MN3008 yet, so I wanted to ask what the most obvious differences are, where they are generally used, where you get them from and what a fair/regular price is these days.
Thanks!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

sturgeo

There is a good summary of the differences between BBDs on page 6 of this doc.

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/Aquaboy/docs/AquaboyDX.pdf

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

mean_dorris

I also have 2 x MN3005 waiting for a Dirtbag. Perhaps a short run of the original Dirtbag board for those of us who have been waiting? 

nmbb

Quote from: mean_dorris on July 02, 2014, 08:35:03 PM
I also have 2 x MN3005 waiting for a Dirtbag. Perhaps a short run of the original Dirtbag board for those of us who have been waiting?

I'm in... For days i've missed the 1st dirtbag board...

madbean

Steve just got in a ton of v3208 chips at smallbear which have apparently been QA's. So, I will be testing these in the DB3 circuit, too.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on July 03, 2014, 08:00:49 PM
Steve just got in a ton of v3208 chips at smallbear which have apparently been QA's. So, I will be testing these in the DB3 circuit, too.
They're the 8 pin format not the special 8 (14 pin) format though?
Works at Lectric-FX