News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nutron II LED "off-time" *FIXED!*

Started by jighead81, July 06, 2014, 08:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Are you using a TL072 for the LFO opamp?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jighead81

I've got all TL072's in there now. I've swapped out different ones because some were from Tayda and I was worried about them.  I've even popped in some TL062's to try

jighead81

Well, I started the reflow party, about halfway into it I noticed a little teeny tiny "c" hair of a bridge.  I think that's what it was anyway.  I reflowed it and cleaned everything, socketed the diodes and put new ones in.  BOOM, working great and sounding amazing. 

Reflowing and looking for the smallest bridge seems to always help me successfully complete etched boards.  I also learned that I can get away with using a lot less solder and still get a nice fillet.  ;D

Thanks so much for your help guys.  I'm really excited with this being my first phaser.  I took a break from troubleshooting this the other day, and built a demo tape fuzz, (also etched by haberdasher), and that bad boy fired up first time.  Hab does great work and I highly recommend hitting him up for your etching needs.

Bret608

That's great! I know what you mean, I was able to create a massive bridge when I was populating my Nutron. Glad I saw it when it happened! Now I just need to order some LDRs...

Haberdasher

Quote from: jighead81 on July 09, 2014, 06:39:36 PM
Well, I started the reflow party, about halfway into it I noticed a little teeny tiny "c" hair of a bridge.  I think that's what it was anyway.  I reflowed it and cleaned everything, socketed the diodes and put new ones in.  BOOM, working great and sounding amazing. 

Reflowing and looking for the smallest bridge seems to always help me successfully complete etched boards.  I also learned that I can get away with using a lot less solder and still get a nice fillet.  ;D

Thanks so much for your help guys.  I'm really excited with this being my first phaser.  I took a break from troubleshooting this the other day, and built a demo tape fuzz, (also etched by haberdasher), and that bad boy fired up first time.  Hab does great work and I highly recommend hitting him up for your etching needs.
awesome man, glad you figured it out.  this is a really nice phaser.
i think it is easier to spot a solder bridge on the black material!
and thank you for your comments, i appreciate it.

cheers
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

jighead81

Bret, I bought 40 LDR's from Tayda just to make sure I could match some, I've got about 8 more that are very close and I can send you the 6 for this project. No charge just let me know