News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

What is diferent in MN3205 and fake MN3205?

Started by Lucas G., July 06, 2014, 11:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas G.

Hello friends, I want to know what difference have between MN3205 and Fake MN3205, I bought 2 of them (from a chinese seller in ebay) but I guess they're fakes.
Can I use them (the fakes) in to ABDX project??? What will be different in the sound?
Thanks for all, best regards from brazil.   :D :D

madbean

If they are fake then they won't work most likely. In anything. Unless they are re-labeled v3205 in which case you could use them in the ABDX. The only way to know is to pop them in a working circuit and find out.

Stomptown

I'm guessing it is a rebranded MN3208 which has half the delay time of a MN3205. I've never seen MN3205 fakes but the MN3005 fakes that Small Bear sells (or used to sell) are rebranded MN3008s. It seems reasonable to assume that this is the same type of situation.

Personally, I would cancel the order if it isn't too late; especially if you payed more than $5 for each of them. You can get legitimate MN3008s from chromosphere's DIY store (no affiliation) and he sells them for a good price.  They will work in the Aquaboy Deluxe and you can run them at 15V. In other words, they are a better choice compared to the MN3205 or MN3208s assuming they would work, which I cannot confirm. FYI, he also sells MN3208s fir $5 a piece.

Here is a link to his store in case your interested:

http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=123

Lucas G.

Quote from: Stomptown on July 07, 2014, 12:14:32 AM
I'm guessing it is a rebranded MN3208 which has half the delay time of a MN3205. I've never seen MN3205 fakes but the MN3005 fakes that Small Bear sells (or used to sell) are rebranded MN3008s. It seems reasonable to assume that this is the same type of situation.

Personally, I would cancel the order if it isn't too late; especially if you payed more than $5 for each of them. You can get legitimate MN3008s from chromosphere's DIY store (no affiliation) and he sells them for a good price.  They will work in the Aquaboy Deluxe and you can run them at 15V. In other words, they are a better choice compared to the MN3205 or MN3208s assuming they would work, which I cannot confirm. FYI, he also sells MN3208s fir $5 a piece.

Here is a link to his store in case your interested:

http://www.diyguitarpedals.com.au/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=123

It's too late to cancel the order, they arrived today. I will test them, if it is a v3205 relabeled I will be happy but if it isn't I guess is better put some V3205 because they have more delay time than 3008. Do you know some place to buy the Coolaudio v3205??? In the smallbear they haven't in stock, and in the mammoth elec. the shipping is too expensive ($16).  :(
Thanks for the answers it helped me so much.