News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dual Delay Aqua Boy / Echo Base Mashup

Started by timbo_93631, April 21, 2011, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I had mentioned this pedal in my earlier build report on the Boomstick with FX loop.  Very cool having the Aqua Boy running into the Echo Base.  I ran out of 10k carbon film resistors doing the Aqua Boy, therefore the Echobase has a heap of carbon comp 1/8w 10k's for better or worse.  Hiss doesn't seem too bad so I think I will leave them in.  Plans are to add the Digital Destruct dual delay board sometime this week.  Matte metallic spraypaint and middle of the night sharpie madness for this one too....  I only have 1 pedal on the board with proper a proper decal now, the first Rangemaster clone I built.  My Bad Stone clone is sharpie'd too.  I guess I am going with the "sharpie means I won't sell it, decal/nice paintwork means I will" mantra.  Enjoy!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

gtr2

Cool.  Almost more delay than one pedal can handle.

I like the "sharpie, not gonna sell it".

Looks like you had a spot for it on your board based on your jack layout  ;)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

timbo_93631

Yep!  I am using them through the FX loop on my Boomstick, just above it on the board.  Makes switching both on or off faster than having to hit each 3pdt individually. 
Sunday Handwound Pickups

k.rock!

This is great man! I have an Echobase in the works and I think I'll steal your idea of putting an Aquaboy in the same box haha

I know that the Taptation circuit can be used with the Echobase, but I'm wondering if by adding the double delay time mod on the Aquapuss I can use the taptation for it as well...The way I have it in my head it to attempt controlling both delays with one tap tempo switch but each of them would have a time division rotary switch to select different time divisions.

Heck, I don't even know if any of that is possible but...you never know until you try right?! hehe

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

gtr2

The taptation will not work with the aquaboy.  Unfortunately, there is no current diy tap tempo project for an analog delay.   :'(
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

timbo_93631

Just a side note on the echobase.  When it is bypassed using the switching arrangement shown on the build documentation there is some residual noise added to the signal chain.  I noticed it today while adjusting my aquaboy for less clock noise.  It sounded like a high freq oscillation.  Faint but noticable while not playing. 
Sunday Handwound Pickups

bigmufffuzzwizz

:o :o Ooh I'd love one of these! This is quite an awesome pedal!

The way the echobase is set-up really makes the wiring much easier so it looks.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals