News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rat/Thumper/Slow Lorus Pot Taper?

Started by Rich_S, June 02, 2010, 12:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich_S

The project doc for the Slow Lorus says all the pots are 100kB.  I always get these new fangled codes wrong, so I looked it up - the first reference site I found says the "B" means "linear"  What?

All the old (Keene, et al...) Rat scehmatics I have stashed away say 100K log in all three spots.

What kind of pots does Mr. Lorus really want?

I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

pandadandan

A - Log "Audio"
B - Linear
C - Reverse Log

Yeah Rats are generally "A" pots, but I guess Landgraff had other ideas about which pots are "best."

Maybe ;D

Rich_S

Yeah, but... today the project page says it's a Rat with extra clipping options, not a MoD, so I guess we're back to audio taper.  ;D

Anyway, I'm trying to re-create the '85 small box I foolishly sold, so I'll just go with the audio taper.
I am using you; am I amusing you? - Martha Johnson

madbean

It is the MoD. According to the original info I had on it, the pots were not labeled for taper. But, I'm pretty sure I picked up from another source that they are linear. There's no wrong way to do it here: either works just as well. If you are not liking the response or feel from one of the controls, then you might find the Audio taper preferable. Personally, I'm not a fan of audio tapers for drive or tone controls. Too much bunching up.

HM

madbean