News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

nucleon super fuzz does not work

Started by pietro_moog, July 20, 2014, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbo_93631

I also built two with no issues at all, and the first was before the build doc was totally complete, going off the superfuzz schematics floating around the internet, the second I modded to Wattson EYF-6 spec (maybe good to verify you have the same PCB from my gutshot):
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

pietro_moog

so. i rebuilt my super fuzz and it doesn't work still. what really breaks my balls is that i used for it a 15€ enclosure which is really beautiful, but the pedal don't work. you guys all said this thing work. maybe it's me. i think i'll buy another one. we'll see. for now i'm out of my mind

Rockhorst

Pietro, come on, hang in there. We all want to help you out and get your pedal working so you can put it in that beautiful enclosure. But you have to give us something to work with: give us some voltage readings from the transistors. And please get me a picture of your board as I requested earlier, because some of the things you said sound weird (like it not being the same board as SelfDestroyer had).

So again, I really want to help you out and so is everybody else over here, but we can't help you find the problem if you don't give us any real info. Murdog is having trouble with his board and made a topic about it. Keep an eye on that, there might be some good suggestions there that might work for your build. Also, if you're absolutely convinced that it's a faulty board, shoot me a PM and I'll send you a new one free of cost!

Stomptown

Quote from: pietro_moog on August 02, 2014, 03:34:00 AM
so. i rebuilt my super fuzz and it doesn't work still. what really breaks my balls is that i used for it a 15€ enclosure which is really beautiful, but the pedal don't work. you guys all said this thing work. maybe it's me. i think i'll buy another one. we'll see. for now i'm out of my mind

It sounds like Murdog is having similar issues with things being tied to ground that should not be tied to ground. I would suspect a manufacturing error on these PCBs.  :'(

Rockhorst

Working on it, I'll keep you all updated

dannoceti

Did this topic ever get resolved? I built my nucleon super fuzz with a optical bypass switch, but all the lows were highpassed out, so I finally got around to putting in a regular switch and am having the same problem. I diagnosed the 9v pad shorting to ground before even knowing about this thread. I'm having the same problem and am wondering what was done to fix it or if it is fixable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannoceti

UPDATE: I was able to fix it. Basically the Madbean standard wiring diagram doesn't work with this board. For some reason it shorts the 9v to ground. I rewired following rockhorst's photo and it works great. Seems like others were having some problems too, this is most likely the fix, use the wiring diagram pictured from rockhorst:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk