News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bohemian Boost

Started by wgc, July 21, 2014, 08:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wgc

hi all

Started working on a different build over the weekend, but discovered I needed a 2W resistor and a few odds and ends.

So, built up the treble booster on Rully's compact layout which I've had kicking about for a while.  Cool little circuit, sounds great.

I'm not going to win any wiring awards on this one!  Still a keeper and overall a really quick/easy build.

Powder coat by me, in dormant tempest blue, with clear powder coat over the top.  Graphic borrowed via google search with my text.  Laser etched the box today, a few little surprises here and there but the queen image worked better than I expected.

Thanks for looking!

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

I've never seen that much room left in a 1590A...and that etch is amazing. This build is so good.

Willybomb

That's pretty cool.  Every time I read that "More, more, more", in my head I go "more, more, More, More, More, More, MORE!"

Tremster

Looks fantastic!

What PCB is this, it's not on Rully's web store nor his OSH Park profile?

midwayfair

pickdropper

That etched really well considering the size.  Great job!
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?

Thanks guys, quick fun build!

Can't speak for Rullywowr, but I'm pretty sure these were prototypes and he was selling off some extras.  I bought them a while back and got distracted with other endeavors.

Surprisingly effective given how few components there are.

e.e. cummings

chuckbuick

selfdestroyer

I am always amazed by the point size you laser etchers can get. I am trying to talk my boss into buying one. haha

Great looking build.

Cody

pickdropper

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 22, 2014, 02:19:24 PM
I am always amazed by the point size you laser etchers can get. I am trying to talk my boss into buying one. haha

Great looking build.

Cody

What industry?  If you do any manufacturing, they can be very useful for making fixturing.

Just helping you with an angle.   ;D
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wgc

Yeah, we have fiber and CO2 for various things.

Tax write off?  ;)
e.e. cummings

TGP39

That looks so great!  The laser etch is amazing. Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

wgc

e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pickdropper on July 22, 2014, 02:54:26 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 22, 2014, 02:19:24 PM

Great looking build.

Cody

What industry?  If you do any manufacturing, they can be very useful for making fixturing.

Just helping you with an angle.   ;D

Haha Believe me I have been all over it. I am in the IT side of health care. We have a really old system for making custom name plates for all our residents and thought this would be a good way to push it through. One day I hope. I am sure our maintenance department could find all kind of uses for it.

Cody

wgc

Ever heard of techshop? I know there's 2-3 in ca. Not sure how far you are but you could powdercoat and laser there.  Not cheap though...
e.e. cummings