News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

first sunking build

Started by jtn191, April 24, 2011, 06:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtn191

I built this one for a friend, shoulda used a bigger box! I'm also planning to build one for myself. Just need to test it...here she is:

jtn191

:'( It seems as though this just turned into a tech help thread...I tested it: bypass works but has a lot of noise/hum, when effect is switched on it oscillates at a low frequency and changes as pots are turned. This is my first time using ICs so they're socketed & I'm using a MAX1044 instead of the SCPA

k.rock!

Just out of curiosity...did you isolate your bottom lid with something to prevent it with shorting with your board?

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jtn191

sgmezei

I would double check the sides and top of the board as well. I know sometimes mine have shifted a tiny bit and shorted out. Also, I have been meaning to try some of the double sided tape some people prefer.

k.rock!

For the hum, it could be various things...so I would check the sides as sgmezei  was suggesting, but also check if your power lines are running really close to your audio lines. Sometimes this can cause some hum in pedals and the solution would be to route them separate from each other or twist your +9V with a return line (ground) so that it cancels out any electrical field causing your hum. I'm unfamiliar with this project, but I'm assuming it uses a pull down resistor? If it doesn't, maybe adding one at your input and possibly your output should be a good idea as well...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

bigmufffuzzwizz

The hammertone looks great. I've still yet to use any! It's hard to see whats going on in the guts picture. Is it possible to take a clearer one for us to look at?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jkokura

Did you rock it before you boxed it?

Start a tech help thread and we'll get you working again.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals