News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

a Sunking finished, I have!

Started by willis3405, April 25, 2011, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willis3405

Just finished wiring up this pedal last night and this thing sings! I did the elventy-bajillion diodes mod and used red LEDs, asymmetrical, BAT41s, and some 2n7000 mosfets. Don't quite know which combination I like yet, i'll definitely be spending loads of time tweaking and messing around with things. I've always wanted to make a Star Wars themed guitar pedal, so i thought why not slap a picture of Yoda on the front with some white LED eyes? This was my first time using waterslide decals, so it was a bit of a learning curve. The results aren't perfect when your dealing with the uneven surface that you get with the psychedelic background but I suppose it still looks pretty cool  :D. Anyways happy building and may the Force be with you!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigmufffuzzwizz

Awesome!! Im excited for my sunking too. Can you post any pictures? Yoda and some gut shots?  ;D
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

mattpoole

i love it, my favorite parts are the paint job and the fact that you put a graphic on the bottom of the pedal (now that's being thorough) ;D.

bigmufffuzzwizz

thetrend77

lol that dual gang pot is HUGE! Good work!

stecykmi

how'd you get the tie-dye paint job.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

coooool!  :D love the Yoda eyes! looks great man!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jtn191

lol is the dual gang pot a 24 mm? the force is strong with this one...

I also love the yoda eyes

willis3405

ya thats my mojo pot haha. I did the paint job the same way that this guy does it http://www.youtube.com/user/tonygayter#p/u/3/OkljgEPiwf4, only I do it on guitar pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

dude WTF that swirling techinique is crazy! I really don't understand how he did that. It looks like paint and water? I'm gonna have to do some research on this. I really like the end result!

sgmezei

Love the star wars theme! and the Force knob haha. Great build.