News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tone Machine

Started by jkokura, April 25, 2011, 05:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkokura

The tone machine is one heck of a cool pedal! Instant crazy sounds with the octave on, and wall of spluttery fuzz with the octave off. Made my little Vibro Champ sound like it was about to explode!

I built this with the NOS Fairchild 2N3565's from Smallbear and I haven't tried any other transistors as of yet. As far as I'm concerned, no need to. This thing rocks! I'm not really sure how or if I'll ever use it, but boy is it a crazy cool sound! Video will be coming I'm sure.

And the Guts.

Enjoy!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gtr2

Very nice!  The battery jack being secured is a great idea.  Plus, the clear tubing is a nice touch on the led resistor.

josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Yeah, I got 50 of those little mounts and thought I'd try it out this time for the battery strain relief. I think it works really well, going to do it from now on.

As for the clear shrink wrap, it's still too big around, so it's not really secure, but it at least insulates. It's good practice at least.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

bigmufffuzzwizz

Really cool! I recently finished my GGG tone machine kit and love it!! I have to build another one on vero!! Nice on the NOS transistors. I was hoping my kit would have something like those but its just normal stock 2n3904 which still sound fantastic! I was considering putting some transistors w/ a higher hfe but I'm not sure I really have to. Mine also has the octave on a footswitch which is super useful and it makes it more of a live tool. The octave is super nasty chords, and such amazing octave above the 12th fret especially on the neck pick-up, tone knob rolled off.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals