Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One success!

Started by jalmonsalmon, August 08, 2014, 10:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 09, 2014, 08:15:24 AM
what LDR did you use bro?
I used this LDR from small bear  :)  http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1580
Quote from: wgc on August 09, 2014, 09:26:38 AM
I love that graphic!  Sweet job, and keep your eyes on the stars.

You will probably want a nut on that dc jack though..!  ;)
DC jack barely fit in the hole and it does not budge unless I unscrew it however adding a nut could be helpful in the long run   8)
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

LaceSensor

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on August 09, 2014, 08:08:46 PM
I used this LDR from small bear  :)  http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=1580

DC jack barely fit in the hole and it does not budge unless I unscrew it however adding a nut could be helpful in the long run   8)

Wow, 200M dark.

Thanks for the link !

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: LaceSensor on August 10, 2014, 12:54:38 AM
Quote from: jalmonsalmon on August 09, 2014, 08:08:46 PM

Wow, 200M dark.

Thanks for the link !
Yeah those LDRs are a new product from small bear... Batch before were not in the Uni-Vibe spec and I was glad when sm bear finally got a hold of some proper LDRs
I compared my Harbinger to my MXR Univibe Jimi Hendrix 70th Anniversary Tribute Series and the Harbinger kills it.  I may have to put my MXR up for sale. I noticed the prices on those is crazy now LOL  8)
When I get back from my business trip, I will try to post a sound clip  :D
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

eddiebeer

Killer job! I've got one of these boards lying around as well buy I need to build up some confidence first.

luks999

that looks amazing :) this is a great sounding pedal for sure :)

how did you do the decal? and how did you manage to place the dual speed pot below the pcb? (i wonder because the speed pot is not very slim)

Axeman

Quote from: jalmonsalmon on August 08, 2014, 10:28:48 AM
  Wow!... So here it is, finally!
Lets set the wayback machine past 24 months or so... I first heard of the do it yourself pedal community and was intrigued at the thought of being able to make an effect pedal myself... the one I always wanted to make was a uni-vibe but, for me that was something I thought I could never be able to do because of the complexity of the build and me being a total noob that could not solder to save my life! So to kick start everything I purchased my 1st madbean PCB.. It was the Thunderpuss! And from there I continued on to other projects more complex then the next...   ANYWHO fast forward and FINALLY...  my Uni-Vibe - 

Many thanks to Madbean for all the great projects and thank you so much for the HARBINGER ONE -
This pedal sounds great... I can still maybe tweak the LDRs/Lamp orientation and all that fun stuff but... it more or less nails Jimi / Trower stuff in spades, however I am still picky on that exact warble that I hear from the Band of Gypsies stuff...   ::)  anywho...  I am rambling and here are some pics!

(I did my trademark move here melting the corner of that top left 1uF cap since I am all thumbs trying to solder the intensity lugs LOL  ;))

Yeah not sure the exact advantage of laying the LDRs flat or pointing them directly to the lamp... Was reading on GEO that pointing them at the lamp gives a more pronounced warble so I tried it. Shield is just flat black inside and if I ever find a proper shield that I can line with foil... I may try LDRs mounted flat...   8)

CHEERS!

How did you add the image on the enclosure?

jalmonsalmon

I have a laser printer and used water slides.  Works great on a white pedal :)
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

brucer

Quote from: eddiebeer on August 17, 2014, 12:49:56 PM
Killer job! I've got one of these boards lying around as well buy I need to build up some confidence first.

^Me too!  Nice work.  Turned out great!

Axeman

Quote from: brucer on February 03, 2019, 11:02:26 AM
Quote from: eddiebeer on August 17, 2014, 12:49:56 PM
Dude show me how to do it
^Me too!  Nice work.  Turned out great!