News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vapers UNITE... can we have a thread about vaping??

Started by Govmnt_Lacky, August 25, 2014, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Just wondering how many of you DIY lunatics are vapers? I have been doing it for about 8 months now and can see I will never return to tobacco cigs again! Currently, I am using a cheap eGo battery with an Aspire BDC tank and I am really looking to upgrade. If anyone here can suggest a good mod or VV battery... I would be supremely grateful. I am pretty set on getting the Nautillus Mini tank with adjustable airflow. Just need a good battery recommendation  ;)

Also... feel free to share any vaping stories or info! We do it WHILE we pull our hair out debugging... no sense in NOT including it in a thread!  8)

miter53

Kanger Pro Tank and VV battery are working well for me.
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

jubal81

About 2.5 years for me. Did the big mods/rebuildables for a long time, but I'm back to VW Ego and Mini Protank 3. I got tired of lugging around all that weight and the constant fiddling.

I pretty much exclusively use ePipeMods for juice. The Shire Malt is my favorite - although I don't think any of their juices actually taste like a good pipe tobacco.

If anyone knows of some great flavors suggestions, I'd like to try out something new.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jhigginb

My wife an I have attempted to quit many times. She hit me up about two weeks ago to try again and the result was two aspire nautilus tanks and two tesla mods. So far so good but turned out she is allergic to propylene glycine (alcohol). So had to jump through some hoops to find the only company that carries true alcohol free liquids - virgin vapes absolute line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Govmnt_Lacky

Thanks for the feedback guys...

I got into this with a cheap-ish kit online that came with (2) 1100mAh eGo batteries, (2) CS-H2 clearomizers, charger, and a 10mL e-juice. This was AFTER I really started with Blu ecigs. Those truly stunk in my opinion.

So currently I am using the same old eGo batteries and the Aspire BDC. I think my batteries cannot keep up with the dual coils and although I initially got good vapor and taste from the Aspire..... it has gotten worse over a short time and now I think it has actually killed my batteries.

Which leads me to the Nautillus Mini with adjustable airflow and a good VV mod battery. I tried that setup in a local smoke shop and WOW... what a difference in flavor and vapor production!!!!

Shrtyska9

I used a cheap ecig to help me quit smoking cigarettes. I hated it more than hacking up weird shit from smoking cigarettes, but it got me through those few weeks where you want to hit people.

About a month ago I picked up the two pack of original micro g pens on eBay. There is no doubt that they are knock offs due to price paid and the fact that the atomizers burned out in the first day but with the exception of the atomizers they are awesome. O0
Richard

IvIark

+10000000

I was smoking from being 14, tried everything to give up including the Pfizer suicide pills and had ultimately resigned myself to smoking for the rest of my shortened life because I just had no will power to stop at all.  I bought my first e-cig at the beginning of last July with no high expectations of me stopping, but by the end of July I didn't want another cig again and haven't now for 13 months.

I use a couple of Kayfun Lites and Russian 91%'s with microcoil and cotton wool, and have lots of Kayfun Lite and Russian 91% clones from Fasttech as extras and spares.  Usually with an Innokin SVD, MVP or Vamo's, and I do have a few mech mods which I prefer using with some liquids for some reason (I bought lots of them in preparation for getting shafted by the British government and EU in their attempt to protect their tobacco income whilst simultaneously trying to make everyone gullible enough believe that they really really do want you to give up smoking).

I'm dropping the levels every couple of months, so I hope I'll ween myself off it completely in the next year or so.  It's so much easier when you can control your nicotine intake and adjust it as you like.  But I mix my own and have a few litres of nicotine in the fridge, and as I feel fitter than I have in many years I'm in no rush.

timbo_93631

I have no idea what is going on here.  It's official, I have started becoming....  OLD!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

alanp

I'm very glad to hear that these are working for you guys -- I was never even tempted to start smoking (Granny smoked all her life, and at 60 looked like she was 80.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Govmnt_Lacky

I have had people try to push me into the "fully modded/adjustable" eCigs. The ones where you have to wrap your own coil and pack your own cotton. I am just not motivated enough to get that deep into this. I want something that will give me a good vape cloud, decent taste, and is somewhat maintenance free. I do not mind swapping coils and refilling juice. I just dont want to get into wrapping coils and stuff.

This is why I want to try a good VV Mod battery with the Kanger tank.  8)

muddyfox

Mark, that's a heck of a first post!  ;D

Luckily, I cannot relate at all as I haven't lit a single cigarette in my life. Haven't smoked a single one, either!

flanagan0718

I can't relate to the vapor thing but I can contribute. I smoked from the age of 12 until 24. I quit 7 years ago just after meeting my wife. It was super difficult but I went cold turkey. Going from a pack and a half a day to none, yeah, I wanted to obliterate just about everything and everyone. But I'm sure I these e-cigs were around back then I would have given then a puff. Seems like a decent substitute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GermanCdn

My songwriting partner's been using one for about four months, pretty much weened him off cigarettes, which he's been trying to do for as long as I've known him (17 years).  Granted, I must admit I was never much help in the quitting department when we used to live in the same city; every time he pronounced his effort to quit, I'd pull up to his house, stand upwind on his front lawn, and smoke half a pack :P.  He once came at me with a baseball bat, fortunately he was wheezing before he got to me.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Shrtyska9

It definitely worked for that period of rage but I can't understand prolonged use. It may be because I never found it as enjoyable as actually smoking.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Richard

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Shrtyska9 on August 26, 2014, 06:56:36 AM
...but I can't understand prolonged use. It may be because I never found it as enjoyable as actually smoking.

I actually find it BETTER than actual smoking. This is however, only when the setup is right. When you dont get a good vape experience it can be VERY frustrating  >:(