Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dirtbag Deluxe 3?

Started by agoldoor, August 28, 2014, 02:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Quote from: kothoma on October 09, 2014, 03:44:56 AM
Quote from: aballen on October 08, 2014, 05:40:44 PM
A two position rotary... Why?  Are they more reliable than switches?

I wouldn't know. Perhaps aesthetics? Or uniformity? Many of their newer pedals have a 6 knobs in a row theme.
I would think this is the reason, plus I think rotaries give less strain on the PCB than a board mounted toggle so perhaps some improved reliability.
Works at Lectric-FX

ggarms

Anyone try out their 3k8's from that ebay seller yet? I'm waiting on a part to finish my aquaboy so I haven't been able to test them yet.... I'll report back once I do but was just wondering... THX

Stomptown

Quote from: ggarms on October 11, 2014, 01:41:27 PM
Anyone try out their 3k8's from that ebay seller yet? I'm waiting on a part to finish my aquaboy so I haven't been able to test them yet.... I'll report back once I do but was just wondering... THX

They should be fine. I have three verified pairs now...

aballen

That's awesome.  I just did an inventory and I'm starting to accumulate these.  What else is worth building with the 3008?

teknoman2

I ve tested 5 pairs of those mn's and every one is working perfect.
I believe BBDs seller's are legit.
I am waiting another batch of 5 pairs from him, I ll update the results when I test them.

ggarms

Alaboogie

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the dirtbag isn't gonna be released in October... :(

jjanssen1

Quote from: Alaboogie on October 30, 2014, 02:08:24 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the dirtbag isn't gonna be released in October... :(
Agreed
+[----->+++<]>+.+.[--->+<]>---.---[->++<]>.++[--->++<]>+.

ggarms

I'm sure he's making sure it is extra great for us, not to mention super busy with the f(x) stuff, and the etchers paradise drop to boot...The bean will sprout soon!

madbean

It's "next batch" for sure. The release date is fluid but it will be in the next batch of releases, absolutely. I'm taking my time with this....frustrating, I know. But, necessary.

Alaboogie

I know it's gonna be so sick that I will be able to sell the dmmxo that I currently have on my board and buy something else I'm gas'ing for so its worth waiting for...the 3008's I got from chrome has been sitting patiently in its drawer for like 2 months haha. Maybe they expired already :P

aballen

It will come.  The size of this thread alone shows how much demand there is.  I think Brian actually did a great thing switching to a 4x3008 layout as well.  Really well timed because 3008s have really become near impossible to get your hands on lately.

I have a DBD proto from last year(2x3008s) and it sounds awesome.  Brian knows this circuit well, I'm sure the next incarnation will be more than worth the wait.

Jopn

I know this project will be awesome when it comes, but speaking honestly, I do feel a little frustrated that I've believed yet again that this project was just around the corner. I've been looking to buy a DMM board now since late 2013, and it's had countless delivery dates set and then missed.

Worst part is, I feel like if I don't keep checking the projects page every few days then it will arrive and sell out before I get one ordered.

Sorry for the vent, but I simply mean it as honest feedback. Brian does amazing work all around, with the sole exception of somewhat chronic over-promise/under-deliver on delivery dates. I still love him for everything else, but please...please, can we work on these published dates a bit?

alanp

This is probably why Blizzard is infamous for deadlines like "Soon", "Real Soon", and "It will be done when it's done." (Expansions and actual games are some of the rare exceptions when actual calendar dates are handed out.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

madbean

It will definitely be out before Half-Life 3.