News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mp3 player in to my amp?

Started by aballen, September 04, 2014, 03:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aballen

My old line) amp had an additional line in that was handy for playing along with a song.  I have a new amp now and I really miss that feature. 

Is there a project that will let me add my iPhone or any mo3 player to my signal to play along to music through my amp?

jimilee

Tagboard has a 2 or 4 channel mixer. I just made one for somebody to do just that.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

brucer

I think the (no affiliation) TH Custom Effects Madbox wpuld do that for you: http://diy.thcustom.com/madbox-mixersplitter-v1-0-diy/.  I've found that Thomas is very quick to respond if you have any questions.  Cheers!

davent

I put a 1/8" jack in my Ruby amp to accept the siganl from an ipod/discman, guitar sounds fine, ipod sounds sucky through the limited freq range of the guitar speaker but allows for what you'd like to do.

dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

blearyeyes

Quote from: aballen on September 04, 2014, 03:29:53 PM
My old line) amp had an additional line in that was handy for playing along with a song.  I have a new amp now and I really miss that feature. 

Is there a project that will let me add my iPhone or any mo3 player to my signal to play along to music through my amp?

What amp do you have now?

aballen

Egnater Rebel 30.  It has an xlr out for recording.  But no mp3 in.

It is a fantastic amp.  What I would like to do is put a blender type pedal in front and plug my phone into in1 and my pedal chain to in2 and blend them.  One would be line level and the other instrument level.  I may have to design something myself.  But I also have to think someone else has done his already.

jimilee

Barry has a paramix project also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.