News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New guy here...

Started by Diocide, September 10, 2014, 06:02:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diocide

Hey guys. I'm an amateur pedal builder from CT. I've built less than a dozen pedals and have never sourced my own parts. After talking with a builder find of mine, I've decided to start sourcing my own parts and start doing some PBC builds.

My hope is to build enough pedals that I get comfortable enou to start designing my own pedals eventually. I have a friend who's a great builder and is super knowledgable, so between him and the Interwebz, Im hoping to make my own pedals eventually.

For now, I'm goin got build a pork barrel, and an octaver to start. I play in a doom band, so I'm sure some fuzz and OD will be on the docket sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

selfdestroyer

Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing your builds. This place is like no other and we are all constantly learning with every build.. join the madness!

DOOM FOR LIFE!

Cody

flanagan0718

Welcome, neighbor. Cody is right this place is awesome. I'm constatntly learning new things here. Look forward to seeing that CT flare!

BTW: Check out the links at the top for parts sourcing, and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Leevibe

Stig

This forum is a massive resource in the community, I sure learned a lot on here. Welcome :-)

upthepunxxx

Welcome aboard homeboy! I can't even begin to explain how much I have learned in the last year since joining! Everyone is extremely knowledgeable, and very willing to help. Willing to help in a total non-belittling peer to peer, equal to equal kind of way. I've never felt so strongly about a forum, haha! Seriously though, I might be in love!

Stay Punk!!
Wake up and smell the noise!!

rullywowr

Welcome dude!  I'm in CT as well. If you have any questions or need help ordering parts hit me up! 

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Diocide

Thanks everyone!

I appreciate all the offers for help and encouragement. I've already been putting together an initial list of resistors and caps to our in my first order with Mouser. I'm getting a list from my friend, as well as referencing the first couple pedals I want to build and ordering a couple hundred resistors and caps.

I'll source some of my other parts around from PPP and BLMS along with a couple others. Hoping to have everything within a couple weeks.

BTW, are there any books out here specifically about pedal building? More on the theory side than the practical side? I'd love to start understanding WHY I'm soon things, rather than just knowing what to do, know what I mean?

flanagan0718

If it helps I got a resistor set on amazon when I was first starting out. It was sold by Joes Knows Electronics. It was a great kit. The resistors were good quality, not super thin leads but, I know they weren't xicon. I'm pretty sure it was sub $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

There's an electric library around here somewhere, it's a sticky and I think the topic is book learnin if you search for if
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Shrtyska9

Welcome man. The books are under extra projects.
Richard

Stomptown

Welcome  Diocide! Looking forward to seeing some DIY magic!

Diocide

Quote from: rullywowr on September 10, 2014, 12:35:18 PM
Welcome dude!  I'm in CT as well. If you have any questions or need help ordering parts hit me up!

Nice! Where you located? I live in Middletown and work in Clinton. I checked out your PCB's, cool stuff! I might hav to grab a Tut fuzz from you, I'm a big fan of BAT stuff...

stevie1556

Welcome buddy! This forum is amazing for learning and help!

rullywowr

Quote from: Diocide on September 15, 2014, 05:18:00 AM
Quote from: rullywowr on September 10, 2014, 12:35:18 PM

Nice! Where you located? I live in Middletown and work in Clinton. I checked out your PCB's, cool stuff! I might hav to grab a Tut fuzz from you, I'm a big fan of BAT stuff...

Thanks man!  I work in Old Lyme and live about 10 min away. Sweet.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!