News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Screwdriver???

Started by highway jones, March 06, 2011, 05:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: aziltz on March 10, 2011, 08:26:30 AM
i think he meant he gave up on etching, and is using vero instead.

I'll probably do a run of Screwdriver boards when the layout is up, as well as another run of Formula #5 and possibly WIIO boards.

With a second read, yea you are correct.
Etching would be a great topic to explain in an instructional video. Especially for us not so knowledged about it. I understand the process of doing the physical etch and it doesn't seem to hard, but drilling the boards is what I'm trying to figure out.
That would be great if you offer up some boards! Always trying to keep my eyes open for new projects.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

stevewire

Quote from: highway jones on March 10, 2011, 04:55:26 AM
If anyone etches a board from Brian's layout I will pay $10 for a board for myself. 

I would also gladly pay someone for etched boards of the Screwdriver and Formula 5.

aziltz

Consider them available as soon as 'Bean posts the layout.  (No Rush though!)

modernage

I would definitely be all over some Screwdriver boards!

JakeFuzz

Sorry to drag this one back from the depths  ;D  I just built a Lunar Module on the exact same board as my screwdriver. There are two or three parts that are in different places or omitted from one circuit. I am thinking with just two extra part spots you could build either one on the same board (like the AC and Plexi tone or the AC/RC booster). Just thought I would let everyone know. Both sound epic by the way.

juansolo

Quote from: highway jones on March 07, 2011, 04:21:23 AM
I have a vero layout from fsb but the offboard wiring isn't ideal as all the pot leads are not located in a single general area.  With 5 or 6 pots that can get messy awfully fast.

Yeah, the screwdriver is  different from tonebenders and appears be an incredible stack mate with other ODs.

I built it twice now (it's also a great way to use up an old stock of leaky russian trannies I have). Make the Presence and Brightness pots trimmers (as per the original) and it cuts down the number of pots nicely. Here's mine sat in with a Lunar Module. Both absolutely brilliant effects. Oh and it's mislabled fuzz should actually say gain for the screwdriver.

Messy inside, there's a lot going on.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

bigmufffuzzwizz

your killing it juansolo!!!  8)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

JakeFuzz

Hey juansolo, do you happen to notice sort of a strange crackliness in the note decay of the SD and the LM. I thought it was the trannies but swapping them does nothing for me. It is most noticeable in the screwdriver (b/c the lower gain) but it is present in the LM too. I am thinking it is inherent in the design but it could be the way I made both of them. The best way I can describe it is when the note fades off to being clean, the transition isnt as smooth as my other fuzzes, it very noticeably fizzles off.