News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with Buzzaround

Started by kinski, May 02, 2011, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjkbug

Quote from: slimtriggers on May 29, 2011, 04:03:12 PM
Wire it like the "PNP positve ground with LED" diagram in the Zygote document if the circuit is asking for -9v.  If you use a dc jack wired for positive ground, you won't be able to daisy chain it with any other  "regular" negative ground pedals.  You'll need to add the Road Rage to run it from a power supply you share with other pedals.

you can daisy chain it, but you ABSOLUTELY MUST use an isolated supply like the voodoo lab pp2+ or iso 5. the road rage will allow you to use whatever type of supply you like as it isolates the ground internally.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

madbean

The VLPP jacks are isolated, so you can use both positive and negative ground effects at the same time. The Bumblee is positive ground. If you are only going to use the VLPP and battery, then wire the -9v from the PCB to ground on the DC jack and ground from the PCB to +9v on the DC jack. For the battery, connect the red wire to the ring of your stereo input jack and black wire to the unused tab on the DC jack.

Make sure you never plug in a non-isolated power supply.

kinski

Man, this one is giving me trouble!

Thanks for your advice madbean. I wired it up like you said. Now the DC works, but NOT the battery? No clue. I checked and rechecked everything. Not sure what to do. I tried using aligator clips to resolve the problem and could not find anything that worked.  ???

kinski

I'll be sticking to -ground pedal from here on out!

cjkbug

oh, don't give up. I know it's a pain but once you've got it licked, you got it licked and there is so many awesome fuzz projects to build. it's much easier to find decent pnp ge trannies than npn. give it a day or two and have another crack at it.

kinski

Hey thanks. I did not mean to say that I was giving up. Just pissed that it wont work. Ha! I've build about 15 pedals so far and never had this problem. Will try again more tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the help everyone.

kinski

Ha! Got it!

Man, that was a pain. I had to try a bunch of stuff out, but finally found a way to make it work. Thanks again for all the help. I'll remember this now for any future +ground pedals!  ;D

I'll post a pic soon.

cjkbug

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: kinski on May 30, 2011, 07:22:25 PM
Ha! Got it!

Man, that was a pain. I had to try a bunch of stuff out, but finally found a way to make it work. Thanks again for all the help. I'll remember this now for any future +ground pedals!  ;D

I'll post a pic soon.

What ended up being the problem?
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

kinski

Ya know, to be honest. I'm not quite sure. The initial problem what that I was trying to wire it like a -ground pedal. So, thanks to you guys, I wired the DC correctly. But i had to run another ground wire from the DC to the input jack to stop some major hum. And then added the battery clip. Strange, but it works perfectly.

Sounds really great as well. The only thing I notice, and it was happening before all of this new wiring, is that the balance pot works fine, except it gets quieter around 8 or 9 o' clock and then continues as it should to get louder past there. So, 7 o' clock is actually louder than 9 o 'clock.

This really does not bother me, since anywhere around there would be way to quiet, so I will never use that range of the balance pot, but I'm still curious if this is supposed to be like that.

Thanks again for everyones help!