News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your favorite geetars?

Started by sprayfe, May 03, 2011, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprayfe

I'm a tele addict. Have been since the beginning. 
These are a few I've built.
what's in your stable?

cjkbug

Nice. I'm a strat man who is also partial to prs guitars. I've had several of each over the years. my faves are a '78 maple necked strat and a prs singlecut. I've got a stable of Ibanez jems as well.

almost forgot this one:

this was total one off custom built to my specs by Bill Jancar at the first act custom shop in Boston,MA it's got and alder body, fender 251/2"scale set neck w- 24 jumbo frets, seymour duncan custom shop p-90's, surf green nitro and custom "good faith" inlay. good faith was the name a tattoo shop I owned in boston at the time it was built. that guitar is amazing. It doesnt get played nearly enough
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

jtn191

my favorite is a strat w/ lace sensor gold in the neck, but I've also got an ESP/LTD Viper 50 with a Phat Cat in the neck. I'd been gas-ing for a jazzmaster until I played one and a tele right after. Right now, I'm planning on getting a thinline Rondo tele and modding it into a 72 thinline

JakeFuzz

Telecasters for sure. Just something about a really chunky tele neck and a maple freboard going into a "string through the ash body" bridge. Sounds ridiculously good. I also have about 4 strats laying around, most of them in pieces waiting to have work done. I play my Ibanez prestige sometimes but the buckers just seem too extreme and lack the articulation of singles, definitely doesn't get as much love despite being a better playing instrument than just about anything else I have ever tried. 

jkokura

I like my Epi Dot best right now, and would love to have a really Gibson 335 if I could.

I'm intrigued by tele's lately, and if I were to choose a new type of guitar to have, I'd buy a good tele I think.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

petesz

I really like my Tele, but im unsure if im completely happy with the noiseless pu's. Plays very nicely though.
Its an American Deluxe exactly like:

alder body with maple neck in that colour with white binding.

Although at the moment im gasing for a really nice sunburst or goldtop Gibson LP for some humbucker action.

Nuno_VanBamsteen

Here are some of my kids. I think you can gather where my preferences lie.

"Would I throw a lighted match and turn the gas on if my pal 'Bugsy' was in there?"

jkokura

You like Harmony guitars? Hofner? I'm not sure if it's Gretsch or what...

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

junkemail86

I'm also an Ibanez lover.  My JS1000 signed by Joe Satriani is one of my prized possessions.  My 1987 Ibanez RG550 (desert yellow! brighter than the sun) plays like a dream too.

I have been playing more hard tail recently though, loving my G&L Tribute Invader and Tribute ASAT special (really recommend the G&L Tribute line, such a great value).  My Music Man Axis and Dillion DR500 (PRS knockoff) get less play these days.

Myramyd

I am a Classicist. For gigs I use a Les Paul and a Strat, with occasional swapping in a SG and a beautiful Inca Silver Warmoth Tele I built. Can't go wrong with the fundamentals.

I am gassing for a Jazzmaster also! I blame Nels!

J

tenwatt

My favorite is my '92 PRS Custom 24 that I've had since '96.  In 2008 the factory did fret job and installed 57/08s.  It's pretty hot.  The '96 335 is a close second.  The '67 SG is only kept around because I bought it for $100 when I was 16 (1996).

This is a tasty 1996 Limited Edition Les Paul Standard that I picked up from a bud in Cali.

I also have a 1964 Fender Duo Sonic II and a couple acoustics (Larrivee and Takamine).
Not too bright....

redbean

es là-bas!!

JeffdaMaori

My favourite has a bit of a Tele in the genes (bodyshape) and a bit of Strat (neck+middle PU and headstockshape) and a bit of Les Paul (bridge and humbucker, angled headstock, electrics from rear)... Somewhat of a unique bastard and I love her...
Made out of a single slab of Matai (NZ hardwood) with Ebony fretboard.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jkokura

I could deal with that collection there Tenwatt, especially if I could keep my Larivee super strat.

Jacob
JMK PCBs *New Website*

JeffdaMaori

She's a home birth.... this is how it started and the 'pregnancy' until it was all done was a few month as well from the memory...
By the number of year rings in timber the tree has been around in NZ before "James Cook and the Endeveaours" were here for their famous NZ tour. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]