News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Your favorite geetars?

Started by sprayfe, May 03, 2011, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffdaMaori

And the back of it.
I've got a soft spot for smooth sexy curves.

[attachment deleted by admin]

night-B

I own a yamaha rgxa2 and an rg1000. They are really well built guitars, check them out!
I'll buy a danelectro dead on 67 soon, and I'll get a Vigier excalibur as a gift for my wedding  :)

cjkbug

i had one of these. it was an awesome guitar. I traded it of for a mesa nomad 100. I think I got the beter end of the deal. but I wouldn't mind replacing it with anther tele.

Quote from: petesz on May 04, 2011, 12:19:36 AM
I really like my Tele, but im unsure if im completely happy with the noiseless pu's. Plays very nicely though.
Its an American Deluxe exactly like:

alder body with maple neck in that colour with white binding.

Although at the moment im gasing for a really nice sunburst or goldtop Gibson LP for some humbucker action.
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

juansolo

Much like I can't leave well alone with the pedals, much the same goes for the guitars...

The Gaffer

Ibanez NDM-1. Got it for next to nothing from ebay. Plays really nicely if it is a little tonally dead. This along with the other NDM are my main experimental guitars, I chop and change them a lot! This on has an A2 Seymour Tele bridge pup, a A2 Pro Strat middle and a GFS retrotron-a-like bridge. They actually all sound pretty good together. Wiring is via a super-switch. A 3 individual pups on 1-3-5, can't remember what on the other two... I just went with what combinations sounded best.

The Table

My other. Stripped of it's gaffer tape and really buggered around with over the years. As it stands now it has a pair of Seymour P-Rails in it and the bridge pup out of my Strat shoved between them. The P-Rails are really rather good. They're a P90's and a single coil rail per pup, and a really rather good one. Very versitile. Mad wiring on this guitar to accomodate that. Individual pup switching and both the vol and tone pots are push pull to change the mode of the P-Rails. (both down is humbucking in series, tone pulled is P90s, vol pulled is rails, both pulled is humbucking in parallel). Almost forgot to mention, both the NDMs have Sperzel tuners as the standard ones in them were cheap tat (much like the electronics they came with).

The Strat

A MIM Classic 50s Strat. Loved it apart from the bridge pup which was horrible. I suspect all three pups are actually the same, it just doesn't work in the bridge. Middle and neck are lovely though. I swapped the bridge pup out with a BKP Sinner. It's a mad, mad output thing that has all the power of a humbucker, but is still a single coil and sounds stratty. It's bonkers and strangely matches with the other two. The bridge pup ended up in The Table.

Soapy

A PRS SE Soapbar II. Another ebay bargain that came loaded with a pair of BKP-91 pups (and started me on a bit of a BKP love-in). It sounds so, so much better than it's price-tag and construction might suggest. Indeed I consider this one of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard. The other mods include a set of Grover locking tuners (which are a pain to be fair and I must get around to replacing them with stock Grovers) and a TonePros locking intonateable bridge, which is marvellous. Love this thing and will never part with it.

Eddy

An Edwards LP92-LTS (or something like that). Essentially a LP rep from ESP in Japan and it's brilliant. I had one before and foolishly sold it. Managed to snag another for sensible money. They come with a JB/59 set in them as standard. Which I just didn't like. Back-to-back with Marauders VOS 52 they sounded nothing alike (I know, there's a bit of price differencs going on here). So I dropped in a pair of BKP Mules and the sonic gap closed considerably, they certainly sound closely related now. The VOS kicks it's arse in many other areas mind you, as you would expect costing 4 times the price.

The White Snake

An LTD Viper 400. Call me tarty, but I had a cherry Viper and always wanted a white one with the matching headstock (that are incredibly rare). One came up and I had to have it. Thinner than my original but strangely even more heavy sounding. I ripped out the EMGs and it got a BKP Miracle Man set from ebay. The bridge pickup is just monsterous and perfect in this axe. The neck isn't. It's just flat. I've got a matching Cold Sweat neck on the way which should make it sparkle a bit more.

Talking of things on the way, the only thing I feel I'm missing is a Telecaster. I've got a Classic Player Baja Tele on the way from a BKP forum member once he sorts out delivery. Looking forward to that!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

tenwatt

Quote from: jkokura on May 04, 2011, 04:20:10 AM
I could deal with that collection there Tenwatt, especially if I could keep my Larivee super strat.

Jacob

Yeah...I've been through hundreds...literally.  These are the ones that have stayed.  The PRS has been there from the beginning.  My dad co-signed a loan for me when I was 16 to get that guitar.

My Larrivee is an OMV-05.  It's the best acoustic I've ever played.

Quote from: gobstopper on May 04, 2011, 04:24:30 AM
And the back of it.
I've got a soft spot for smooth sexy curves.

That's a cool build, gobstopper.  I'm not a strat fan, at all, but I like the look of that build.  I'd like to see that build with a P-90 in the neck and a bucker in the bridge.  That'd be HOTTTTTT!  
Not too bright....

redbean

Quote from: gobstopper on May 04, 2011, 04:19:41 AM
My favourite has a bit of a Tele in the genes (bodyshape) and a bit of Strat (neck+middle PU and headstockshape) and a bit of Les Paul (bridge and humbucker, angled headstock, electrics from rear)... Somewhat of a unique bastard and I love her...
Made out of a single slab of Matai (NZ hardwood) with Ebony fretboard.

That's a beautiful guitar. Did you make that?

I'd love to have something like that, but shaped and equipped like my Gibson SG... and with 8 strings on a wide, thin neck. :D

es là-bas!!

jcuempire

I have a '77 Les Paul Double Cutaway with P90's that I just love.  Also a '67 Melody Maker (SG Shaped) that was routed for humbuckers.  I had a friend at PRS refinish it SG Cherry for me.  On the bass side there will always only be the '78 Rick 4001. 

k.rock!

Wow there's a lot of beautiful guitars here! I just want to share my collection that includes a mandolin and a Puerto Rican "cuatro"...And also my new American Special Tele (I got excited and took some good pics of it  :D)

My three loves...

And my beautiful Tele photoshoot haha

-Kaleb

God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

JakeFuzz

Quote from: k.rock! on May 04, 2011, 03:48:30 PM
My three loves...

-Kaleb

That's the trifecta! Epic collection.

gtr2

Man, that tele's got it easy Kaleb!

First sunbathing and now taking a nap on the couch...

Time to put her to work  :D

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

k.rock!

Quote from: JakeFuzz on May 04, 2011, 04:07:42 PM
That's the trifecta! Epic collection.

haha Thanks! I love that word, trifecta! haha I totally agree with you...to me, those are the 3 unmistakeable sounds everybody should have!

Quote from: gtr2 on May 04, 2011, 04:34:43 PM
Man, that tele's got it easy Kaleb!

First sunbathing and now taking a nap on the couch...

Time to put her to work  :D

Josh

hahaha! Trust me, lately out the three, the Tele is been hitting the road pretty hard! Sounds sooooo good..haha I think the only time it got rest was in those pics when I just came back home with it...I was so happy  :'(

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

small fish

Hell, I thought nobody would start a thread like this  :D

Man, I´m getting jealous on you guys!!!!

here are my babes:

All of them, mounted to my wall

My first "parts-caster" (the neck is a 20-year-old ESP neck, which I bought in 1991)
It´s got a LR Baggs piezo bridge, for that acoustic vibe. Alder body, Haeussel pus, ESP tuners

the 2nd one (construction and paint myself, parts bought on the web), ash body with double natural binding, flame maple top and bottom, SD antiquity pus, flame maple neck / rosewood fingerboard, Schaller bridge

the 3rd one (construction and paint myself, parts bought on the web), mahagony body with flame maple top, natural binding, David Barfuss handwound pus, flame maple neck with zebrawood fingerboard, Fender MIM bridge, Schaller tuners

my favourite 96 Hamer, I bought used (I instantly fell in love with that one!)

my latest add-on (actually the first one, I left untouched.......so far....  ;)

whats missing is a Epiphone Firebird, a Yamaha acoustic (the first guitar, bought about 26 years ago) and another Hamer (made in Korea, bought around 1994).

Guitars are made of trees! Paper is made of trees!
Recycle your paper, so there are more trees left - to make guitars!

aziltz

i don't have any pictures but I have a '03 Highway 1 Tele in Transparent Yellow/Blonde.  I swapped the pickups for SD 5-2s with a 4 way switch as well as a pearl pickguard.  Maple neck/fretboard.

I am planning a few tele builds for the future.  A Cabronita style guitar as well as a Tele Hybrid Semi-Hollow with a Hum/lil '59 combo for thick sounds.

I also have a Taylor 214e which is my workhorse acoustic.  Would like to get one of those 8 string Baritone Taylors though.

JeffdaMaori

Quote from: redbean on May 04, 2011, 11:01:32 AM
Quote from: gobstopper on May 04, 2011, 04:19:41 AM
My favourite has a bit of a Tele in the genes (bodyshape) and a bit of Strat (neck+middle PU and headstockshape) and a bit of Les Paul (bridge and humbucker, angled headstock, electrics from rear)... Somewhat of a unique bastard and I love her...
Made out of a single slab of Matai (NZ hardwood) with Ebony fretboard.

That's a beautiful guitar. Did you make that?

I'd love to have something like that, but shaped and equipped like my Gibson SG... and with 8 strings on a wide, thin neck. :D

Cheers, yep made, conceived, laboured through and born 2007 at home in my shed (aka "backyard research facilities" or "male panic shelter" depending on situation).
Here's another pic of the making.

Gosh, there's a magic colloection of beautiful guitars out there, guys! :o

bigmufffuzzwizz

Definitely some nice stuff. I'm glad to see those Edwards guitars! Those are real beauties. I've got a few ladies of my own all I cherish very much. The first one is an MIJ 1994 Strat. Its based on an old model i'm guessing 50's from the single ply pickguard. Plays like a charm and gives me more treble than I could ask for. After that I picked up a late 90's Gibson SG. Upgraded pickups of some sort done by the previous owner. Now those two seem to sit in their case more since I've got the most recent two. The first one is an Electra 2242 black Les Paul. It weighs a ton, plays like any real Les Paul I've ever played. It's got an awesome peace symbol on the headstock below the electra logo and wavy headstock rather than the typical open book style. The most recent is a Lotus Les Paul also black. Got it on craigslist for $120 and it was such a deal. I'm trying to get another one thats up right now I like it soo much. It plays amazingly, sounds huge, down-tuning is even more massive and the price was a full-on steal! I'll have to take some pictures with it and a sound clip too!  ;D

Owner and operator of Magic Pedals