Main Menu

Your favorite geetars?

Started by sprayfe, May 03, 2011, 03:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash

Here's my favorite right now:

Warmoth build, Koa body, Wenge/Ebony neck

A project in the works.  Ebay Zebrawood tele

Another project in the works. Ebay Padauk/Limba tele, the body weighs 7 pounds!.  Padauk Warmoth neck

My 17 year old Ibanez Voyager was the cheap RBM10 model.  It has a nice Mahogany wood underneath.  I am stripping the paint and will finish it with Tru-oil, then get some new gold hardware and some EMG's.

slimtriggers

Cool builds!  I have a wenge neck on my Warmoth Strat.  I left it unfinished and it really has a great feel to it 8)

You don't see many of the Reb Beach Ibanez's around.  Nice stuff!

pandadandan

It hasn't even been finished yet, but I'm waiting on one of these:

Roll on August, for that is when it should (hopefully) be ready to ship.

bigmufffuzzwizz

Nice standard baritone! It looks just like one of the guitars used by Stephen O'Malley but he uses a Travis Bean guitar I believe. Of course he's drop-A baritone w/ .17 gauge custom string sizes. That is gonna be a one sick ass riffer! You must have been saving forever for one of these   :)
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

rowland1

I have had these two Ibanez Icemans for over 20 years.

The first is a 1977 in "Midnight Olive" aka blackish green. I made the really stupid mistake of putting a Kahler trem on it in th early 80s. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The second is 1978 in sunburst. I put Gibson pickups on it a couple years ago. The bridge pup is Burstbucker pro, and the neck is a P94.

These guitars are solid and play fantastic. They have played many gigs including my 2 year stint in a kiss cover band. I don't play them much these days as I recently bought a Gretsch Electromatic and am in lov ewith that.

[attachment deleted by admin]