News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lovetone-Big Cheese

Started by jtn191, May 07, 2011, 05:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Quote from: m-Kresol on March 25, 2015, 03:52:14 AM
I think the normal ones will do the trick but I would definitely put pots into the enclosure first, drop the pcb with the soldered switch in and then solder the pots legs. I think it will be close, but it should work.

this

its close but it does work

Ian

luks999

hey ian
you mentioning using the BC549C, but the BOM says 2n3904. is there really a huge difference?

m-Kresol

I can't state for the the difference in sound, but they are both easily obtainable and cheap :)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

alanp

Quote from: luks999 on March 25, 2015, 06:21:41 AM
hey ian
you mentioning using the BC549C, but the BOM says 2n3904. is there really a huge difference?

There is in the pinout -- check the datasheet for each.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

luks999

Quote from: alanp on March 25, 2015, 09:02:28 AM
hey ian

ah of course i knew it. and soundwise? dont believe theres so much difference

m-Kresol

Quote from: luks999 on March 25, 2015, 10:21:23 AM
Quote from: alanp on March 25, 2015, 09:02:28 AM
hey ian

ah of course i knew it. and soundwise? dont believe theres so much difference

socket and see, or better hear

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol

LaceSensor

hey ian

not massive but to me noticeable

i would claim to be madbean forums biggest lovetone fan and owner of their whole portfolio

bc549c is the transistor of choice, indeed across many lovetone designs

whomever chose 2n3904's was incorrect
save a few cents and build an inaccurate and, to me, sonically inferior clone if you wish

I wouldnt bother to waste my time to post my advice if it wasnt well researched, tbh.

Govmnt_Lacky

^^^ LISTEN TO THIS GUY!^^^

luks999

Quote from: LaceSensor on March 26, 2015, 04:42:34 PM
hey ian

not massive but to me noticeable

i would claim to be madbean forums biggest lovetone fan and owner of their whole portfolio

bc549c is the transistor of choice, indeed across many lovetone designs

whomever chose 2n3904's was incorrect
save a few cents and build an inaccurate and, to me, sonically inferior clone if you wish

I wouldnt bother to waste my time to post my advice if it wasnt well researched, tbh.

ok i will socket and try out some trannies. i think ive some bc549c lyin round
thanks for your advice, youre not wasting your time

m-Kresol

Easter bunny has been busy, I was flooded with packages today. One of them contained our boards!
I'll go ahead and PM everyone

m-Kresol

All $ received, all pcbs sent out today.

Full disclosure: The randomness of the Austrian postal services knows no boundaries. I sent a pcb to Sweden on Thursday, which cost 3.6€. This was the price for an envelope 50-100 g.
I assumed the same price for the two boards and 50g for one, which according to the website costs 1.5 €.
Today, I was charged with 1.60 € for all envelopes to UK and NED. I ran out of envelopes so I sent out Jebus' order a few hours later at another post office, which charged me 0.80 € to FIN.
So overall, muadzin, pigeonFX and Jebus were charged a little too much. I'm sorry for that. The amount were talking about is not worth sending back due to paypal charges, otherwise I would. I hope this is cool with you guys. If not, I'll reimburse you.

alanp

???

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than my local postshop. They always make me buy a $12 courier bag to where ever, rather than a $2.50 letter! (This is why I drop things off in the postbox, these days...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

luks999

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 07, 2015, 01:35:08 AM
All $ received, all pcbs sent out today.

Full disclosure: The randomness of the Austrian postal services knows no boundaries. I sent a pcb to Sweden on Thursday, which cost 3.6€. This was the price for an envelope 50-100 g.
I assumed the same price for the two boards and 50g for one, which according to the website costs 1.5 €.
Today, I was charged with 1.60 € for all envelopes to UK and NED. I ran out of envelopes so I sent out Jebus' order a few hours later at another post office, which charged me 0.80 € to FIN.
So overall, muadzin, pigeonFX and Jebus were charged a little too much. I'm sorry for that. The amount were talking about is not worth sending back due to paypal charges, otherwise I would. I hope this is cool with you guys. If not, I'll reimburse you.

Thanks a ton felix :)
yeah austrian postal offices, they have strange price ranges and rules :S

Jebus

Quote from: m-Kresol on April 07, 2015, 01:35:08 AM
I ran out of envelopes so I sent out Jebus' order a few hours later at another post office, which charged me 0.80 € to FIN.

Well that's crazy cheap. If I would send you anything in envelope it would probably cost 2-3 euros.