News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Shielded wire question (dig dug clock noise)

Started by maysink, June 05, 2010, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maysink

Getting a bit of clock noise from my dig dug in bypass mode. I've re-routed the +9v wire but to no better effect. I've heard in the past shielded wire can help but where? Input, PCB-In, PCB-Out or Output? Any thoughts? Thanks!
[nothing to see here]
-e

Haberdasher

I had asked Brian the same sort of question for the compressor I put together, where I was getting a lot of noise from the house power.  I don't know if this answer would be the same for your problem, but here is madbean's quote anyway.
http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=98.msg348#msg348

Quote from: madbean on May 13, 2010, 02:54:33 PM....As far as the shielded wire, it will be one wire surrounded by the braided shield. The way you do it is cut one end, and expose the inner wire. Solder that to the FX output on the board. Make sure you trim away the braided portion completely on that end. On the other end, expose the inner wire. That gets attached to your 3pdt. The braided part gets rolled up together. You might want to solder a small piece of wire to that and then that gets attached to ground. So, one end it grounded, not both....

I bought some rg-174 for that purpose but I still haven't gotten around to installing it.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e