News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face

Started by jimilee, October 30, 2014, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So here is a design laid out by Panos. It's very compact and sounds very creamy. Definitely a fantastic fuzz. The housing self a chorus that got rehoused into a multi pedal. So this is like a reverse rehousing I guess where I replaced the circuit and not the housing. Not my best wiring, but it's neat and organized, not my worst wiring.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

teknoman2

As always a very nice build mate... ;)
Glad you enjoy it.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

cooder

Sweet stuff, Jimi is da man...! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

brejna

Looks great! I like those two UFOs :D

selfdestroyer

Its refreshing to see a new build from you Jimi. Glad your getting some time to build again. Looks great, I love that green.

Cody

bcalla

Looks great!  Very neat wiring by my standards.  The graphics convey a sense of serenity.

TGP39

Looks great Jimi. I'm about to build mine this weekend. So glad to hear you love the tone this thing produces. Good job Panos.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

teknoman2

Quote from: TGP39 on October 31, 2014, 02:29:52 AM
Looks great Jimi. I'm about to build mine this weekend. So glad to hear you love the tone this thing produces. Good job Panos.
Thank you for the kind words Steven.
I didn't do anything special, it was a very easy trace.
This project is a classic Fuzz Face, the sweet sound of this effect is definetly coming from those russian transistors.
Those trannies are also used in the Havalina Fuzz which is a tonebender MKII.

Currently I have on my hands the Havalina Fuzz and Joe's FET driver.
Now I am working on tracing the FET and when I finish I'll start with the tonebender.
Probably I will make a small run of those two boards if you guys are interested.

Cheers,
Panos.