Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Cool PCB rework

Started by pickdropper, November 12, 2014, 10:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I've seen some cool PCB reworks, but this is a bit beyond what I am used to:

https://home.comcast.net/~rburn/PCB-rework/

The dremel work is pretty impressive.  I'd be curious to see how well this holds up over time.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

cooder

:o far out! What a save! That burned pcb looked totally shot!
BigNoise Amplification

Shrtyska9

Thats pretty amazing stuff! I'm not sure I would have gone through all of that trouble of patching it when he had the art to etch the entire board. Certainly makes for a great story and some real street cred.
Richard

davent

A small transfer punch followed by a chasing hammer and you can set those eyelets perfectly.

Mind boggling, incredible challenge, really couldn't imagine better,  i break a major sweat if a pad lifts... have to keep this is mind!

Thanks Dave!
dave
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

pickdropper

I thought the solder wick as a bridge was clever as well.
Function f(x)

wgc

pretty cool, should work fine.  lots of patience on this one

I forget how many damaged traces and pads were allowed for mil spec repairs, it might have been 2-3 in a square inch or something like that.  Commercial stuff was more forgiving.

I think we used to scrape out any charred material and then fill with epoxy, then there was copper foil that would be cut an pasted in, much the same as here, only with wire bridges.

My favorite ones to do were multi layer pcbs with bad via connections.  Didn't happen often but super challenging.

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

That was crazy awesome.

Cody

gordo

You, sir, are entirely out of your mind. What an awesome recovery. Class act all the way through.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

pickdropper

Quote from: gordo on November 12, 2014, 03:16:09 PM
You, sir, are entirely out of your mind. What an awesome recovery. Class act all the way through.

Just to be clear, that isn't me.  That is somebody who clearly has much more free time than I do.   ;D
Function f(x)

chuckbuick

I like a good PCB challenge, too.  But I would've tapped out somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd pics.  Awesome work, though.