News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I love my job.

Started by aion, November 12, 2014, 06:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aion

Day job, that is. I love designing PCBs and building pedals and all... but this is what I got to watch happen on Monday:
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/videos/entertainment/2014/11/10/18833559/

We flew out a YouTube domino artist from Boston to build a city-scape of downtown Denver out of dominoes, then we knocked it down. It's for a client of ours in Denver, a law firm who's celebrating their 30 year anniversary, so it's kind of a tribute to the city with a lot of their well-known buildings. The video itself will be played mostly in reverse when we're done with it, so it shows the city being built instead of destroyed (which would probably be bad for PR!).

This girl is incredibly talented - she's 16, but she's done domino videos for Honda, the TMNT movie, a couple music videos, and more. Check out her YouTube channel and watch one of the full rallies, like Rally 27. It was tons of fun to watch her working. She set up for 12 hours on Sunday and another six hours on Monday before we knocked it over. It was pretty nervewracking setting it off - you only get one chance for this type of thing, and if anything goes wrong, you have to deal with it. But everything worked, and many heart attacks were successfully averted!

I didn't make it into that news video at all (well, maybe just my shoe?) and can't say I had much of a part in building the spectacle itself, but someone had to clean up all the dominoes afterward! ;) We'll be finished with the video itself in about two weeks and I'll be sure to post back when it's ready. It's going to be super cool.

cooder

Pretty cool, I certainly would like to see the finished result! Rebuilding the city is certainly better PR than toppling it over... ;)
BigNoise Amplification

playpunk

I'd guess that the law firm doesn't represent too many sets of neighbors who hate each other, which seems to be my specialty.. :)
"my legend grows" - playpunk